My Little Light Blue Solida (SOLD)

So after looking for a starlet for about 6 months I finally found one that was rust free. At only £300 was a bit of a bargain however there are a few issues that need sorting. First of all let's get some pictures up

1838379fdc1c5c3dd2643b3ce4f6c6c1.jpgc486471f964a83f35c77c668fff910d5.jpg

So this is my starlet. Its fairly clean for the age with no rust. However its definitely been places with 120,000 miles on the clock. Due to this and many unappreciative owners there are a few issues that need sorting but it runs fine and looks mint. The major issue I have is quite a loud tapping under acceleration which I'm hoping is down to the timing belt being way past it's replacement date (if you have another opinion on this please let me know as I'm no mechanic and the timing belt is all I can think of). I have quite a few plans for this little car that will all be carried out in due time. I will try to keep this as updated as possible but it will mostly be little things and quite slow progress until I finish school. But anyway onwards and upwards lets try to make this little starlet a true gem.

Edited by HarrisonS
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Right so first little update. Not had much time to put towards the car but given it all the spare time I've had.

First thing I did was metal pressed plates.

Posted Image

As well as debadge the rear and dewiper it too.

Posted Image

Also got myself some bright LED number plate bulbs.

Posted Image

After that trying to save money I thought I'd just take things off the car instead of adding to it so away the bump strips went.

Posted Image

Then after not spending any money for a while in the process of servicing it thought I'd give it a bit of a cold air intake (mostly for the noise) instead of just replacing the stock air filter with another paper one.

Posted Image

That's it for now and I'll try to keep it as updated as possible but unfortunately it will be quite slow progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Another small one as I've got my insurance coming up so need to save money up for that but I can't not spend money on it.

I was a little bored and had a spare starlet sticker hanging around so I thought I'd have a play with somewhere different to put it and I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

Posted Image

Then came the accidental chav as I thought I'd ordered a white LED for the interior but it turns out it was blue but since the old bulb had gone I thought I'd leave it in for now.

Posted Image

Then to match the blue light and intake I thought I'd get a nice blue gear knob as well as some glanza cup holders curtesy of Rory Webb

Posted Image

Finally since one of my daylight bulbs had gone I thought I'd get some nice white LEDs to replace the yellow ones and I also have some LED H4 bulbs coming too for the headlights soon.

Posted Image

That's all for now just little things since money is tight but once the insurance is paid off in comes the bigger modifications.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another small one I'm afraid. I bought myself some clear indicators which in my opinion really clean the front end up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And also fitted myself a fairly useless rev gauge.

Posted Image

I mean I'm sure the rev gauge would have been great if I had bought a decent one however being low on funds I bought the cheapest one I could and there is a fair bit of delay to where it's useless in 1st and 2nd gear and I think towards the very end of 3rd I think it starts to slump off. But other than that it's good.

Also hopefully within the next month or two some bigger updates should be happening as in a couple of weeks my insurance will be paid off, my birthday will have passed and a week after that it'll be payday so hopefully I'll still have some cash left over for car parts.

Also in the mean time there are a couple of boring fixes that need doing as both rear wheel bearings have gone, timing belt needs doing, drivers side cv joint is on its way out and more. But I'll leave most of that out of here as it's just boring maintenance stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

Time for another update. I managed to spend a little money now as I got my first pay check from my new job and my insurance is now paid off. This build should now start moving forwards at hopefully a reasonable pace.

My first purchase was the Leon Cupra R splitter which I think looks insane. I'll see if I can get some better pictures soon.

Posted Image

Then I was completely fed up with the 4" speakers up front. I've tried multiple brands but because of the small size none were good enough so I got myself some reasonably cheap 6x9s and they work wonders. Sound quality and volume is so much better now and there is also some bass too.

Posted Image

I also replaced my manky grey leather gear gaiter with a fresh black one off eBay and it looks a hell of a lot better.

Posted Image

That's it for now. Hopefully this weekend I should be fitting larger discs up front and some fresh pads too thanks to starletzey selling me some glanza carriers :)

• 2 weeks later...

So no update yet unfortunately but hopefully on Sunday I'll be putting the glanza carriers on. In the mean time a couple of weeks ago I noticed another starlet parked in my works car park so had to stop and take a picture. Still not seen the owner yet though unfortunately.

Posted Image

Got round to putting the glanza carriers on and bigger discs. They are currently green but at some point I'll change the colour when I know it's gonna be a warm day because there's a couple of other things I want to spray as well. The new pads and discs are currently still bedding in but they already seem sharper and bleeding the brakes has made the pedal feel much better.

Posted Image

Also don't worry I know the alloys are a bit gross but once funds have increased they'll be getting replaced but that's not currently the top thing on my list. The next large thing will be new shocks and lowering springs but that might not be for a week or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk