Hi guys,

We have recently purchased a Glanza v and have had to do some work on it already, we have just payed Ricky from race tech £1500 for the TDO4 kit and should be dropping it off tomorrow for fitting and mapping etc.. however we have just Seen a review from someone who has stated that they still haven't got their car back after two years, after being quoted two weeks for the work like we have. It will cost us £3100 in total for this work.. so we are not sure on whether to proceed.

Does anybody know if race tech are genuine or are we going to get messed about here?

If so, any suggestions on where to go next?

Thanks!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One bad experience doesn't mean you will experience the same problems.

Just make sure your happy with the arrangements and dont be too surprised if anything goes wrong.

These starlets are around 20 years old now.

I dont know the details of the work being carried out, but do your research.

Ask on here if you need advice, we are happy to help.

If your getting the kit from Racetech then it should come with warranty.

If i was you i would want to know the details of the work,

What ecu will be used?

How much boost will it be running?

Internally gated or externally?

What boost controller do you need?

What fuel pump will you be upgrading to?

What injectors?

What fuel pressure regulator will you need?

Will you need to upgraded clutch? I assume yes

You see there's a lot of things you have to know.

As above not every case is like the recent one! There is a negative and positive feedback sections on the forum for racetec and others alike sp have a read and make your own minds up :)

Let us know what you decide!

James

Edited by jimmymac101

I wouldn't let one or two bad reviews put you off completely, they must have happy customers, they've been around too long to not.

Edited by TimD

We have now decided not to take the car down due to the bad reviews but Ricky has refused to pay me my £1,500 deposit back and I am so annoyed. He stated that it's because the manifold and turbo kit has been finished and it was bespoke. I said fair enough then can I come down and collect it? Ricky then said "err sorry it isn't actually quite ready yet but I'll push my hardest to get it done next week". We have submitted a report to trading standards and called Barclays who have said if he doesn't contact me by the 13th April they will file a legal case against him and recover my money within 14 days. I also haven't had a receipt for my payment and no email stating this was a PCI contract and the item was bespoke so lucky he's screwed. He's just constantly lied to me and patronised me to death. Booked in at TD now and had a much better experience. Hopefully it'll all get done within the month.

Really hope no one else uses race tech as they have been shite and I am so happy I didn't drop the car off there.

If you get the money back I would consider getting a WEPR manifold / turbo kit mate, build quality is just great and the original buyer gets a lifetime warranty (I believe) . Also never had a bad experience with TD and can't recommend them highly enough. Hope all goes well and you get it all sorted mate.

That is sickening!

I wanted to get the K20 Coil Packs from them as well as a Race Spec Manifold but ummm NAH YOU'RE ALRIGHT!

Seriously if you're going to mess around with people like that then you really are shooting yourself in the foot.

Even TD hasn't got the best reputation, sod that I'll do it myself.

Each to their own with things like this I've read interesting reviews for a lot of different companies including racetech in the past. I used racetech for my mapping and a few other bits and bobs and Ricky was always keeping me up to date and I'm still happy with the results 3 years later.

Speak to everyone, see who you trust and make an educated decision.

would not even bother with race tech. sells fake parts, he had dropped the head or something as one of the plug sleeves had been cut and welded back on causing it the leak oil! non toyota valve stem seals leaking! sump bolts cross threaded and was leaking. turbo manifold warped.... i could carry on all day long and talking to other people who have been there they all say the same. i spent £2700 on a engine and £1700 on turbo manifold kit. would never use again hes an absolute joke.

Thanks guys! We are now looking for another TD04 kit. Ricky had until today to contact me and supply just the kit but he hasn't as expected so I've called Barclays and they are putting in a legal debit dispute to recover my money within 14 days. Might try wepr but heard the wait is very long! Anyone had any experience with CT9 hybrids from TD?! I'm not planning on forging or anything and they reckon you can get a similar power output! :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are dying to get it all done and on the road!

Thanks!

Thanks guys! We are now looking for another TD04 kit. Ricky had until today to contact me and supply just the kit but he hasn't as expected so I've called Barclays and they are putting in a legal debit dispute to recover my money within 14 days. Might try wepr but heard the wait is very long! Anyone had any experience with CT9 hybrids from TD?! I'm not planning on forging or anything and they reckon you can get a similar power output! :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are dying to get it all done and on the road!

Thanks!

WEPR are worth the wait. Go for a TF035, best of both worlds.