I have been trying to make sense of what final drive options are available and struggling!

I have a C52 box with an aftermarket LSD fitted to my car, but also have a C56 box with an aftermarket LSD out of my glanza.

I could do with dropping the gearing slightly,and was thinking about the idea of changing the final drive to drop it.

Does anyone know what is available to drop it. I know TRD do one that is very expensive! Is there any other C series toyota boxes with a different final drive?

Cheers

GordG...dont quote me on this

but i think the c52 4age pinion may work with the ep82 c52 gear set

and the the c56 4age pinion may work with the ep91 c56 gear set

http://austarletclub.com/index.php?/topic/8550-gear-box-question/

depending on what you want to achieve, can't you just get a good working c52 or c56 levin gearbox (depending on the ratios you prefer) and swap the bellhousing from the ep82/91 gearbox....easy enough if you have the technical ability to do it

i think slostar used the 4.3 diff in his old ep82 and that was an 11sec car

I'd be careful changing final drives, you would probably be better off with gears because you might get to the point where 2nd is not enough and 3rd is too much lag for example.

They work better on N/A's because they tend to rev higher and don't have a whole bunch of torque.