Hi

The car was sluggish and had a flat in midrange,flat spot which used to go away at higher revs,just before the misfire started,thought was maybe air cleaner or fuel filter,then bam bam bam bam misfire I kid you not,its sounding like a wrx sti with a pipe,i have a muffler on.guys were thinking I have a Subaru boxer underneath the hood hahahahaha.(if I had the money I would probably swap out wrx engine and running gear,4wd.since I don't need advice asap its consuming like a wrx too,burning fuel heck like a v12 even.)

I checked spark plugs,leads (even replaced)distributor,changed rotor and condenser and cap.swapped the injectors ,I'm suspecting a worn intake valve seat allowing a very rich mixture to ignite?

What do you guys think I don't have readings for the ohm resistance for my injectors did it by swapping them.I did get the correct ohm resistance for primary and secondary coil.

I'm really also swaying yo the side of mechanical,because she needed an overhaul rings(as you know on these engines and burning oil)

So guessing the overhaul has caught up to me?

Any idears people?I'll run the engine diagnostic tommorow ,as I know I have a loose exhaust temp sensor that causes it to go on.but any idears its just cylinder number one.I need it up and running till I save up for overhaul in like a months time?

A while back I also installee a Chinese battery ,since then that battery ,has given me issues ?

Could it be battery ?

Bdway its drinking fuel like a v12 and the misfire (loss of power)when its hot but gains power and normal starlet sound at higher revs (not 100% power but like 70%ish of normal power.I think I have described every thing.

These starlets are reliable never done this too me before my reliable everyday survival car.

Any help will be appreciated.

I know a little about cars and mechanics not a complete ignorant person,but not too much too because I wouldn't be asking.

I'm driving it as necessary but man if v12 s consume that much fuel,I'm not going to hobby read about v12s anymore,I guess if you have the petrol bug,your book club meeting your the most interesting fellow with hot chicks talking about their silly novels.

• 5 months later...

Do a compression test, and/or better yet a leak down test if you can,

Make sure which ever cylinder you're testing is on TDC on compression stroke

if it starts leaking then listen if it's leaking through the exhaust or Inlet, you will hear it, or if it's the rings you'll hear/feel air coming out the oil dipstick tube, doing this you'll help point you in the right direction if it's a valve or rings

However, I am leaning towards a worn valve 

• 2 weeks later...