So after selling my old starlet and buying a Ford sierra pick up truck, driving that and deciding after 2 months that i hated it i swapped it for another starlet, but a 4AGE one :D needs abit of tidying up abit, but mechanically seems sound. started already by giving her a full clean in and out, outside needs some tiding up, and unfortunately has had some abuse in the last 6 months or so. so need some parts,most importantly will be an adjustable panhard rod as its scrubbed the tyres that were fitted only a few weeks ago by the previous owner. its off the road at the moment so wont be at japfest this year sadly but will be next year! will hopefully be going to simply jap etc if i can! looking forward to getting back into starlets

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WP_20170413_18_40_46_Pro1_zpstrdhtdzc.jp

WP_20170414_15_22_52_Pro1_zpsew5bcipc.jp

WP_20170414_15_22_28_Pro1_zpsmdo54oyj.jp

WP_20170414_15_03_31_Pro1_zps0qk7mqem.jp

the last few are after i cleaned it i think.. so looks a little better, needs some body work doing as can be seen but isnt in bad nick! spent yesterday afternoon fitting both SR stickers too as i prefer the stickers on as opposed to the blank look. and yes i will be getting more bump strips for the back quarters :D

rather disappointingly (but unsurprising) found another little gift from the previous owners, was checking all the levels etc as the cars off the road atm in my garage. checked the oil and it took 2L before it reached the correct level -_- so sadly its been run on next to no oil for who knows how long.. think I've found the worst of the problems now and hoping to sort out the last little bits to get her running nicely again

Very nice mate m! Love a good sleeper! Shame about the owners not loooking after it my mate bought mikeys old sportif Turbo (4efte) could tell they haven't loooked after it one bit but he's sorting out all out! Can't wait for more updates

Got a plan for this weekend sorted, dont think the panhard rod will be here in time so reckon that will be for another weekend. the plan so far is to underseal the whole car, make sure she doesnt start to rust or get damaged by the roads as i live on a little island so theres sea everywhere! bleed the brakes as the previous owner painted the calipers off the car and didnt bleed them when they went back on. wire in the horn as thats been removed to fit the aftermarket steering wheel again, by someone else. then need to sort the exhaust, find out where its knocking and adjust it, and weld up the blow its got from being slammed into speed bumps to many times. if im lucky il try to find some other bits to do as theres a fair few bits. planning to fit a cage at some point as well as it seems fairly lethal to me without one but thats to come in the future :D il get some pictures up when I've got some more done this weekend!

so managed to get some bits done this afternoon after work, got all the under sealing done so no chance of rust for a while! bled the brakes all around and topped up the level to as it was down a little. gave her a run to the end of the street and back just to make sure there was no issues, saw a puff of blue smoke too so will be keeping an eye on how much its using as to weather i run thicker oil or look into stripping it appart for a rebuild. unfortunately when i was under it sealing it all, found the front brakes have been put back together badly, the brake pipe on one side was wrapped around the driveshaft! and on the other was rubbing the tyre! so thats going to give me something to do next week. also in one of the pictures (il put up) on the brake caliper it looks like theres a little indent or locater, im assuming the little peg thats sticking out should be in there? looks like it but i wasnt 100% so havent turned it around yet, im hoping one of you guys know??

WP_20170422_14_47_43_Pro1_zpst7fplgfq.jp

Yeah that peg should locate in the caliper.

They will also need mounting to the shock to pass mot which is what that little bracket at the bottom of the shock is for id actually hazzard a guess that the shocks are on the wrong side looking at the location of the brackets vs brake lines.

so got some more little bits done today, loving the car at the moment :D decided to strip the rear out like my last one, A because im 6 ft 4 so you can get in behind me anyway, B, the rear seats werent bolted in! and C i like the reacecar look! and i dont have enough friends to warrant needing back seats :D

WP_20170423_12_52_24_Pro1_zpsv16qucsa.jp

WP_20170423_12_52_28_Pro1_zpspd7j4bys.jp