• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

little update on things, picked up some bits from Flynn yesterday, got started fitting them today, oil pressure and oil temp gauges fitted, fixed the dash lights too as they werent working before. had the basic loom from when they were in the car before, cut most of the crimps off and soldered them back together, i think it looks a little neater. soldered all the connections under the dash to, then wrapped the whole loom to tidy up the wiring and make it neat and tidy. got a TOMs lightweight flywheel too but think il fit that when i next do the clutch. panhard rod on order hopefully so should be here in about 3 weeks due to shipping etc. was also looking at wiring up the horn and found that it doesnt have one, its been taken out so il have to get another one of those. hopefully getting some twin pot levin front brakes off a mate as well, so hoping to fit them at some point too

WP_20170426_21_42_48_Pro1_zps4boygvgs.jp

WP_20170427_09_24_51_Pro1_zpsilwkxqzv.jp

WP_20170427_09_36_37_Pro1_zpsmnvnsoj8.jp

WP_20170427_13_27_14_Pro1_zpsptgrio7x.jp

WP_20170427_14_53_19_Pro1_zpsc50fv0fo.jp

WP_20170427_15_15_17_Pro1_zpszxvc2cpy.jp

WP_20170427_15_15_20_Pro1_zpspjyhf7f8.jp

WP_20170427_15_20_51_Pro1_zpspnfxjgjr.jp

got some other bits done today, removed the front struts and untwisted and refitted the brake hoses with the peg in the right way this time! swapped the struts side to side and as Morgey said they were on the wrong sides! so now the brake lines fit in the brackets too. bled the brakes again and topped up fluid.

got some other little bits of bracing ordered which should be here in a few weeks!

cheers guys! panhard rod is on order and got a Zisco X brace on order too, they should be here in around 3 weeks time. so when they turn up il be fitting them and sorting out any tracking that needs doing. might look into an Anti lift kit too just to stiffen the front up abit.

In the mean time im hoping to look into getting the standard SR rev counter to working again, so not sure if i can tap into the 4age loom to get a tacho signal or not? but thats next on the list

would that work with the standard clocks? want to keep the dash etc fairly stockish looking. i know it sounds like a mis match in terms of saying i want the dash looking standard but its getting a cage and big brace in the back. want the outside to keep the SR look, but have a little bit of aggression too :D

You'll just be burying the needle on standard clocks mate. I robbed the taco out of the car ages ago (sorry) was a Pivot one and I'm pretty sure it was wired into the ecu?

Morgey, ah that makes more sense. Can't just swap in a Glanza cluster? Mashing the tacho needle against the bottom is awesome by the way - gives passengers a scare.

Haha i do it all the time. Whats really funny is when the revs and speedo are both off the clocks and hard against the plastic surround 😂😂

I did consider a glanza one but don't like the idea of the boost lights and 180kph speedo. As for making an aftermarket one fit im not sure. If you were tech savvy you could mod the stock one so it reads differently then get a new fasica made to suit i guess but wouldnt know where to start with that

• 1 month later...

its been a little while but got some more bits done on the SR! got a cusco panhard rod which arrived in the week, so that got fitted and adjusted this morning! got a Zisco x brace too and fitted that to improve the look of the back, also fitted a Hypersport short shifter to improve the throw a little bit, not sure if il keep it though, feels almost to short now. just got the cambelt left to do which looks like it might be a pig to get to but as the cars not on the road isnt a big deal, turns out 20v cambelts are really rather hard to find, so had to order one from rhd japan in the end. also anyone know if the 4AGE has locking tools for the crank and cams?? or where they fit in? couldnt see any so might have to use a universal cam lock I've got, and just mark the bottom pulley

WP_20170618_13_03_49_Pro1_zpsppjloz13.jp

WP_20170618_12_50_53_Pro1_zpsu7wodzoc.jp

WP_20170618_12_32_29_Pro1_zps0razlrnm.jp

WP_20170610_18_31_00_Pro1_zps4xgldo5d.jp

WP_20170610_18_30_48_Pro1_zpsl2h7l0jf.jp

Edited by Dansstarlet1996

20v cambelts are £20 from toyota dude.

The tensioner is hydraulic which for normal road use is fine but if not sure, convert to manual, buy new, or use an MRP item.

Then idler is probably the most expensive item.

Nothing locks them but there is a good few markings to set the timing too.

just ordered everything tbh, didnt want to take it appart and find somethings knackered and i didnt order it, so im just going to replace the lot, tensioner, belt and idler. il just be careful with the marks then i guess, got a locking tool for the top cams for just need to keep an eye on the bottom pulley, printed out the workshop manual too so I've got all the torque settings. other than the access doesnt looks to bad so hopefully the bits turn up this weekend and i can get on with it :) cheers morgey

so got some more done on the car yesterday, cambelt all done, managed to do it in place, wasnt easy but did manage it,glad i changed it, belt looked old and the idler pully was grinding and tight to turn so think that was on its way out too! so just got to get the insurance sorted and she should be on the road! only other little bits are little pieces, cleaning up wiring etc, should be at simply Jap assuming theres no further issues! :D

WP_20170623_18_44_21_Pro1_zpscptg2npm.jp

WP_20170623_18_44_28_Pro1_zpsakjoopfq.jp