koni sport ( yellow )

They give a very controller comfortable ride.

They are a good road setup as they are on the softer side. Although I haven't tried maximum hard setting

I have them with adjustable top mounts and polybushing with anti lift kit.

The the state of the roads nowadays, for me its the perfect road setup

seen them on ebay for 480 euros front and back and they seem to be the only 1s available together with bilstein that are adjustable

thinking of purchasing them as im sick of the coilover messing about got my goal of the brands compatible now lets fit and forget

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Koni-Shock-Absorber-Set-Front-Rear-for-Toyota-Starlet-P8-Sport-Yellow-/142344318934?hash=item212461efd6:g:hh4AAOSwUKxYg4B9

these are the 1s i saw i texted the seller but no answer yet brrr its says shock absorber but you never know

Edited by 5e colin

i'd be surprised if the front were complete shocks....but most likely they are just inserts

i'd be happy to be wrong...but that is how they were in the past

i remember this also, just inserts, remember reading the threads​ on how to fit them like way back 2007.

its one of the main reasons i went coilovers...because buying konis plus springs plus the time/cost involved in sorting the front struts simply approximated a set of decent coilovers

if you already have springs and dont mind the labour, then konis do handle quite well

Edited by gorganl2000

This was mine reasoning for going coilovers. I was looking at kyb ultra Sr's for my corolla but shocks, springs and topmounts would have set me back £750

I ended up with a nearly new set of Bc's for £450 and the ride they give on that most people dont even realise theyre coilovers.

I have bcs on my starlet though and they are a bit firm but I've always said for a daily i would opt for a softer spring combo like 5f/3r instead of the 6f/4r that came supplied

i have all my old suspension from before to use so no missing parts morgey going to do the fronts first

i have gone off coilovers they just dont last on the terible roads i am 80% of the time

plus coilovers rust up in no time, well BC do from when i had a brand new set, i spray greased them as well.

Ahh my shocks were on 120k miles so in need of replacing top mounts etc plus springs were oem ones. I managed to blow a new oem shock in 1 year too so other than about £25 difference between a stock shock and a BC replacement i didnt see the point in worrying on the cost.

The other option is servicable shocks like gaz or something maybe?