Td05 16g thinking of a different turbo

Hey all I have a td05 16g thinking of changing it before mapping as worried I be getting to much lag with it

When you go Big and bigger and you want to push a lot and avoid lag you must go to 2 options :

-Fuel up than 100octane (and after that )

-antilag

best regards

TD05 16gs aren't even that laggy though.

With headwork done they will spool up fine on a 4E.

Might take longer to hit full boost depending on your chosen level but you will be pushing more power at the lower boost levels so wont matter.

Stick it to 1.6 - 1.8 bar and you'll love it.

Might take longer to hit full boost depending on your chosen level but you will be pushing more power at the lower boost levels so wont matter.

Head been ported and matched 265cams adjustable cam gear valve work etc so I will stick to my tdo5 then

Agree . They pull like a train anything past 1.5 bar. Raising the rev limit a bit is a must and dont run a shitty ecu like a e manage or anything like that.

Agree . They pull like a train anything past 1.5 bar. Raising the rev limit a bit is a must and dont run a shitty ecu like a e manage or anything like that.

Why do you think these are shitty ecu ?? you can go over 1.5b with an emanage ,it is all in the tune ....

Na

I have a hks fcon v pro gold and auto throttle body so get a smoother map.

You can get Haltek ,AEM etc it is all in the guy that will tune your car and his quality to use the software ....

... as i said it is all in the tune ...

You can get Haltek ,AEM etc it is all in the guy that will tune your car and his quality to use the software ....

... as i said it is all in the tune ...

For the set up I emanage won't cut it for what I looking for my hks is perfect but when money allow it be a full stand alone wic cop etc ans meth injection. Yer stock limiter will be raised

I vote TD04 billet I drove one a couple weeks ago as my buddy has a very similar set up it's so good the power band is great I would think a TD05 would be better for a 5E applicant. After that drive I would not want anymore than 300 ponies and it had LSD. The same lad who has this car has been out in TD06 which made him drop a few turbo grades lol and the TD06 was on 5E!

Why do you think these are shitty ecu ?? you can go over 1.5b with an emanage ,it is all in the tune ....

E manage are a poor piggy back and there is zero comparison to a proper ecu like a haltech. Any decent tuner I know of won't even touch them. No matter how good your tuner is a car tuned on a emanage will not be tuned as good or anyway near as a car tuned on a good ecu . That's just a fact.

E manage are a poor piggy back and there is zero comparison to a proper ecu like a haltech. Any decent tuner I know of won't even touch them. No matter how good your tuner is a car tuned on a emanage will not be tuned as good or anyway near as a car tuned on a good ecu . That's just a fact.

If they won't touch them how do they know they are no good it's probably all just here say you can see loads of graphs produced from the emanage's pumping out very good figures I agree they are not the best ecu in fact I'd rather run a apexi but paying that extra 4-500 pounds etc it wouldn't make it's money worth against the emb I run currently in fact I bet the difference is very minimal maybe even worse. People are pushing massive unconvincing turbo's and all these mega expensive ecu's to me it's just not what the starlets about. They are quickly losing their authenticity to another generation and are getting broken.

If they won't touch them how do they know they are no good it's probably all just here say you can see loads of graphs produced from the emanage's pumping out very good figures I agree they are not the best ecu in fact I'd rather run a apexi but paying that extra 4-500 pounds etc it wouldn't make it's money worth against the emb I run currently in fact I bet the difference is very minimal maybe even worse. People are pushing massive unconvincing turbo's and all these mega expensive ecu's to me it's just not what the starlets about. They are quickly losing their authenticity to another generation and are getting broken.

They won't touch them because they use to map them and never get anywhere near the results you would get with a proper ecu. Car will run much smoother with a decent stand alone along with several other benefits. If you want to run 3 times factory power in a starlet good ecu is a must. People spend good money on shiney manifolds and so on and put in crap like a e manage . Good ecu is the foundation of any good build. If you look even at any of the japenese tuners they don't even run japenese ecus anymore. It's all link, haltech and similar ecus

Edited by Foggy

I would actually agree after researching a shit load stock cams run whatever is thrown at them

Been saying it for years, cams aren't needed in these motors. Standard cams are just fine as you say.

Y ?

Too long duration, excessive overlap, lobe separation angle probably all wrong.

Turbo motors are extremely fussy when it comes to cams, the stock cams are fine.

If the car is going to be used soley for racing purposes then spec something different where you spend most of the time above 4500rpm, for a road car, you simply don't and therefore lose low-mid range torque.

Search my name you'll find a lot of info on valvetrain, the cams are the least of the worries with the 4E/5E head, the valve size is the issue.