Hey there lads I've been working on my ep82 without starting it once for the last 6 months and today I've finally finished and its now on the road however;

I can't rev past 3.5-4k rpm in any gear without it just bogging out or what I believe to be a possible misfire, I'm not sure how to diagnose one though. My dad thinks it could be getting too much air as my air filter is sitting right behind the grill(not that the grill is on at the moment). I put new magnicore leads on and have now put the old ones back on which made no difference so I'm thinking change the spark plugs and make up a new air intake. What do you guys think? Also found that when I sit at about a quarter throttle it will rev out as far as I want but just the tiniest bit too much and it will lurch forward and back

All help and suggestions are very appreciated :)

Check o2 sensor. disconnect it and see if it fixes. mine did this and found out it was o2 sensor.

Ohhh okay that could be my problem, see my o2 sensor wire was cut so I rewired it up. I'll give that a go after work. Thanks