FedEx Invoice after RHD Japan purchase (!!!)

Hi everyone, I just want to find out do you all RHD Japan customers experience the same:
I have purchased cusco adj. panhard rod from RHD Japan but after seweral days I have received an invoice from FedEx for €31.12 - I thought everything is covered by RHD as I paid €40 for shipment - why I've receveid invoice from FedEx so?
And can I just ignore it?

The Invoice says It's 'disbursements out of scope of EU Vat' and some 'Clearance Administration Charge' - SEE THE PHOTOS BELOW...
That's crazy - I thought the shipping costs paid to seller (RHD) cover everything, don't they?
I'm completely confused... Do you all guys get this and if so - do you pay FedEx or just tell them to f**k off?

(Delivery was to Rep. of Ireland)

Cheers

post-6539-0-95551600-1493372889_thumb.jp

post-6539-0-86686100-1493373172_thumb.jp

Edited by Di_Bodi

Whenever you import something, near enough every company will tell you that you are responsible for any import taxes/ charges. Their shipping charge rarely covers it.

It's more than likely that Fedex won't release the item until you pay up, so you're probably stuck with it!

The cusco rod was delivered before the invoice came...

And it's for FedEx UK and I'm based in Ireland so the thought about to bin it is tempting although they've sent me a reminder already...

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I know what you mean... they will keep chasing it...

But what actually can they do I wonder?

It's just I wasn't aware of this and will eventually end up paying total of €170 for the Panhard rod which is little bit crazy for a steel bar;-)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

This is what happens when you import things from other countries.

By all means, put it in the bin, but they'll come after you. Is it really worth the hassle for 30 euro?

It's not unusual to be invoiced for duty and tax after the item has been delivered, it speeds up the delivery process.

Yeah... I'll have to pay for peace of mind and before they start threatening with penalties etc...

Was just wondering do ye all get this after getting parts from Japan so Thanks a million to all!!

Di_Bodi - EP91 n/a

Paid already....damn taxes!

But theoretically speaking: uk company screwing my irl credit rating? Doubt it...

They don't even have proof of delivery of that invoice!

How would they hurt me I wonder?

Di_Bodi - EP91 n/a

http://www.biddingninja.com

Check these guys out, I used to use them all the time.

You pay funds into your account, which are then used through there search. When you buy a part, it's posted to there chap in Japan and then he forwards it on to you as economically as possible.

Cracking customer service. Give them a go next time mate

Sounds dodgy at first sight but if tried and used by ye guys I will have a closer look!

Good Man, Thanks!!!

Di_Bodi

It does, the guy that runs it can even split a package for you. I.e if you buy a manifold that comes with a knackered turbo attached, he will strip the useless turbo out so you're only paying shipping on the manifold etc.

ya buying from yahoo auctions is very easy and all done through paypal so you have extra cover.

The only pain is that buyee will not lower the worth of the item on the postage forms so whatever you paid in the auction they will state that on the customs forms so you be stung for a tax bill.

Marking it as a gift hardly ever works these days but sometimes you can get stuff into the country without paying import tax but it 50-50.

To those who have imported before is the tax bill/ Handling price based solely on declared value of item/s??

Most of the time, however sometimes the package is inspected. If it's marked up as a $5 gift and the items obviously worth more than that they can slap a price on it

yes every one get a charge its bascily a charge for import duty that fedex have payed on your behalf to save time then they bill you for it normaly you have to pay before they will release the part for delivery.

cheers nick.

how come i never got charged a penny for al my items from usa to ireland south clutch pistons and rods over the years