Where is the fuel pump ep71 s

So I'm having issues when starting the car, if left for a while it takes forever to crank to get started, however if you keep cranking the ignition on and of it will catch after a couple. Then it will start no problem after that. However the length you need to crank it increases on the length of time it's turned off. That's the first problem! Second problem is I bought a 255 fuel pump and was going to replace it today. However when I removed the back seat and cover plate, there only the sender unit in the tank for the fuel gauge. There is however two wires running off to the right. Would this mean I will need to drop the tank right out to gain access to it?

Thanks Ian

Its not the most fun job :) If your dropping the tank out why not check out the wreckers and cut a section of floor that sits above the pump. Then cut a say 200mm dia hole in your original floor and make a 250mm dia patch from the donor floor. Few rivnuts and fixings and you wont ever have to remove the tank again.

Its not the most fun job :) If your dropping the tank out why not check out the wreckers and cut a section of floor that sits above the pump. Then cut a say 200mm dia hole in your original floor and make a 250mm dia patch from the donor floor. Few rivnuts and fixings and you wont ever have to remove the tank again.

Fuck Stu really? Thought it would be fairly simple 🙄☹️.

That's not a bad shout though! Could maybe even fab a patch from stainless