Always said if i went Turbo I'd buy a black quadlight so on Saturday i did just that :) broke the GT4 for parts and sold the Glanzlet!!!

Its a 95 mk3 with 130555km or 81123ml, its been well looked after and is solid as a rock, a few mods, Tein lowering springs, powerflow back-box, ported manifolds​, Toyosports de-cat pipe, big ass mushroom filter, front strut brace, rear option shelf speakers, mk1 GT steering wheel, Laguna splitter and I've polybushes here to fit and a new heater matrix.

Will be on the road tomorrow when greenlight opens

WP_20170429_18_59_40_Pro_zps8vb9rfif.jpg

WP_20170429_19_48_49_Pro_zpswab4za2t.jpg

WP_20170429_19_48_49_Pro_zpswab4za2t.jpg

WP_20170430_12_10_32_Pro_zps2znaohjo.jpg

WP_20170430_12_15_26_Pro_zps7m87ne0c.jpg

Very tidy, mega jealous!

I always wanted a quad light, but I realise now, after owning one, that for me PERSONALLY I'd rather a MK1.

I just felt that the 80 series is a bit more retro and think the square lights suit them.

But mine is nowhere near as clean as this!

Any plans?

first thing is sort a few electrical niggles then have it sat 100% mechanical and electrical.

going for looks over engine tuning, will be getting coilovers and my new wheels on too, got a Baileys dump valve and HKS acuator last night so will fit those soon

Absolutely lovely mate cracking car. A friend on here has a black gt square light- we work together and are converting it to a quadlight in the coming weeks I wouldn't fit the bailey mate they are pants from mine and his experience

first thing is sort a few electrical niggles then have it sat 100% mechanical and electrical.

going for looks over engine tuning, will be getting coilovers and my new wheels on too, got a Baileys dump valve and HKS acuator last night so will fit those soon

Would be better off with an SSQV rather than the Baileys.

Thanks folks, and you will be pleased to know I've found a nice pipe so i can fit my Bailey's dump valve hopefully tomorrow after work.

Since yesterday morning I've 100ish km done and loving it

Lovely gt mate, always love to see a gt running. Just wondering mate, if your friend does do the quaddie conversion id love to buy the squarelights from ya!

Yeh sure he will def be selling them as he's got all the parts now. Ill get him to message you on here

And we are only located near Andover so not far away

Nice, appreciate it!
  • 4 weeks later...

Loving this car folks, not much to report lol apart from......

Friday night coming out of Belfast onto the carriage way, gave it wee taste in 3rd and next thing hissssss and it took of like a rocket, looked at the guage and was up in the .8 territory. Cruised on home but the boost was leaking bad and the noise was mad, and boosting to .8 ish.

Got a look on Saturday and discovered the fitting from the compressor house to actuator had popped out, turns out threads where duffed. So picked new one up on Sunday from the Starlet Legend Jay in portavogie and few hours later was back out, also took the chance to fit a MBC and set it to .7, completely different driving car now lol, it will be removed soon as I've bought a HDI EBC-R boost controller as it's way handier lol, I've an HKS adjustable actuator sat here now not sure what to do with it lol

• 3 months later...

Update :)

New rims got refurbed and new tyres for my 40th birthday, had to be redone as a cunt he made first time round at them.

New petrol tank refurbed and fitted with new gasket and pipe.

While the stonechip was drying I decided to pull the dash out and change the fucked heater matrix lol, handy enough to do just a lot of the loom needed released from behind it, Stanley knife sorted that out :) took the opportunity to complete the A/C removal and trailed the units out. Fitted it all back in and the blower Moter decided to quit :( should be sorted over this weekend.

Managed to pick up a Greddy Profec A boost controller too :) normally run .5-6 and the OTB overtake boost button set for .8

Picked up a very large J-Performance core too, 30x8x4" lol, hopefully have the intake side pipework sorted this weekend too :)

Apart from that lot its been my daily driver and can't complain, fuel sender has started acting up tho :)

Update :)

New rims got refurbed and new tyres for my 40th birthday, had to be redone as a cunt he made first time round at them.

New petrol tank refurbed and fitted with new gasket and pipe.

While the stonechip was drying I decided to pull the dash out and change the fucked heater matrix lol, handy enough to do just a lot of the loom needed released from behind it, Stanley knife sorted that out :) took the opportunity to complete the A/C removal and trailed the units out. Fitted it all back in and the blower Moter decided to quit :( should be sorted over this weekend.

Managed to pick up a Greddy Profec A boost controller too :) normally run .5-6 and the OTB overtake boost button set for .8

Picked up a very large J-Performance core too, 30x8x4" lol, hopefully have the intake side pipework sorted this weekend too :)

Apart from that lot its been my daily driver and can't complain, fuel sender has started acting up tho :)

That's a big one for a CT-9 fella. All the best tho

Cheers jiggaman, its the same width as the Autobahn88 core I had on the GT4 lol

It was fitted to a starlet before so I will work it out, plenty of room for it with some rough measurements :)

• 5 months later...

Update time I suppose lol,

Still using as my daily driver, new rims where refurbished last September for my 40TH birthday, a lot of fucking about and them being done twice is another story but 7 weeks after I left them in they where on :) sadly a while back a monster pothole took the front passenger side one out and the rear has a biff too, gutted as they looked well.

Been busy gathering parts up too lol, WEPR external wastegate kit with 38mm screamer and a 38mm wastegate that I can't mind the brand off lol, TF035 turbo and all lines, 3" de-cat back stainless straight through system to a Nur-Spec back box, RSR rear brace, 35mm alloy C pillar brace, adjustable Fuel pressure reg, Fuel cut defender, air filter relocation pipes and probably a few things I've forgotten.

For Christmas my missus treated me to a mint condition MK1 boot with mint condition glowpanel, spoiler and rear lights, need to get a few things still then will need a week to get it all on and set up lol, using a Greddy Profec-A boost controller now and I'm really happy with it, holds the boost good and strong and I've it in the centre vent hole, good spec controller back in the day and has some decent options/safety controls too.

Looking at buying a standalone ECU this year too and the ME221 ticks all the boxes i want, locally here a lot of folks use the Link and we have a dealer/tuner here to provide us and RR setup etc, it's 1000£ minimum whichever way I choose tho