Help with fault codes - video attatched

Hi guys, got round to reading the fault codes on my car except im not sure exactly what its telling me. I beleive it to be no.22 which is coolant temp sensor (is reluctant to start when cold).

Ive attatched a video below and then the fault code link from tggt.com.

Any help greatly appriciated.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SrrNpwTizcY&feature=youtu.be

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showwiki.php?title=EFI+self-diagnosis+system

Edited by SpikeyJp_68

as said above codes 12 and 22

green one i think is for the fan

gray triangular one is for the ecu

both are coolant temperature sensors in a way....but most like the gray one is the issue---car may not start if its disconnected

if your fan is working, most likely the green one is ok

the temp guage in the dash will read incorrectly if one of them is bad, but i cant remember which one

Green one on mine is the ecu temp sensor that's on a ep82, if your not sure try get it started if you can let temp needle on dash raise abit pull one sensor out at a time and then check needle to see which one it goes down on that will be your temp sensor other will be your ecu temp one 👍🏻

Thanks guys appriciate it :thumbsup:

As for code 12.. i have my starter a bit ghetto at the minute.. i have a wire thats connected to the trigger plug and to start it i just turn ign. On and send 12v direct to the triger wire. Would this be the cause of it becuase its not being started through the key & ecu ?

Edited by SpikeyJp_68

Thanks guys appriciate it :thumbsup:

As for code 12.. i have my starter a bit ghetto at the minute.. i have a wire thats connected to the trigger plug and to start it i just turn ign. On and send 12v direct to the triger wire. Would this be the cause of it becuase its not being started through the key & ecu ?

Can anyone confirm this being the cause of fault code 12 or will i need to start troubleshooting ?

Update for anyone with these code(s)

22 is related to the grey ecu temp sensor - a new one fixes it.

Code 12 will occur when, but not limited to, the car isnt being started with the key i.e sending 12v direct to starter trigger wire - sending 12v from the 'start, position on the key barrel will fix it in this case