Where can I get 5th gear synchro hub & gear

Stripped my gearbox at work and need help finding some bits. Any idea if this stuff can be bought?

Full bearing set- think I've seen these

Top plate

1 & 2nd gear synchros

5th gear synchro complete with Hub & gear

Took it apart to replace input output shafts and whilst it's off id like to replace these bits. I drives fine but worth doing if i can get the bits

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

James

I have done this all from Toyota

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/83652-glanza-5th-gear-part-numbers/

cost me about £300 for the 5th gear bits

Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression Toyota have discontinued gears & syncros? I did get a new caliper no trouble last week from them so I'll try Monday. Hard isn't it because I could pick up a box for that but no idea what it's like until you open it up

Try toyota, or if and part nums and have time try www.amayama.com genuine parts but have to wait for import and add handling fees to the price

Appreciated

Try toyota, or if and part nums and have time try www.amayama.com genuine parts but have to wait for import and add handling fees to the price

Already found a 5th gear and all the bits if I can't get through Toyota. Cheers for that, never heard of that website before

Box parts are available I just bought shit loads for c52 but be prepared for big fucking bil I payed 1200 for syncros and 2 gears !!!!!!! And selektor arm

ouch !

I rebuilt half of my 6 speed box using amayama, Few bits were on Back order but had a new 5th gear 2nd/reverse hub and 4 or so shyncros, cost about £400 with import fees but toyota wanted £270 for the 2nd/reverse alone.

really

link me to that site please for future savings

i got bum ridden there

Www.amayama.com

You'll need the part numbers for the parts you want then send in a request, they'll then email you back with a cost with shipping iirc.

Import fees is a % of the total shipped cost then theres usually a £15ish handling fee this end aswell.

Do you boys recommend only using Toyota bearings ? Found a full set for gearbox bearings which I need for £119 from Japserviceparts.... I've very sus about using them, Made in Japan from Koyo,NSK and Nachi

Would upload pic but photobucket logged me out and can't remember password

Www.amayama.com

You'll need the part numbers for the parts you want then send in a request, they'll then email you back with a cost with shipping iirc.

Import fees is a % of the total shipped cost then theres usually a £15ish handling fee this end aswell.

Had a look last night and seems like this could be the way forward for me. How do you go about finding the 10 digit part numbers ? I looked at the drivetrain diagram on here last night that has been pinned all the parts have numbers but seem to be 5 digits short or am I reading the diagram wrong.... Broony's part numbers I found straight away

20170514_095817_zpst86wsa9k.jpg

Can someone also confirm this is a Cusco or TRD diff please...ive had a good look and can't see anything obvious that give it away and Google pics doesn't really confirm either

20170514_095817_zpst86wsa9k.jpg

Had a look last night and seems like this could be the way forward for me. How do you go about finding the 10 digit part numbers ? I looked at the drivetrain diagram on here last night that has been pinned all the parts have numbers but seem to be 5 digits short or am I reading the diagram wrong.... Broony's part numbers I found straight away

I use toyodiy to get my part numbers. If you sign up you get all diagrams and pricings too, there is another site that people use but i cant remember what it is.

Do you boys recommend only using Toyota bearings ? Found a full set for gearbox bearings which I need for £119 from Japserviceparts.... I've very sus about using them, Made in Japan from Koyo,NSK and Nachi

Would upload pic but photobucket logged me out and can't remember password

i just usd them in a box rebuild f weeks back there just like the 1s that came out of the oem gearbox same name and nrs on them etc etc

1st pic i can see 4th gear needs replacing also 2nd as the cog theet are missing like 3 or 4mm from the ends ?? from grinding gears

5th gear hub snapped by pulling under it ??

put up[ some more pics of al the hubs cogs to inspect the damage set seems very worn

Edited by 5e colin

typed in my parts nrs and 1 came up discontinued but gave another part nr instead as replacement ??

does this mean its the same part just different nr as old 1 is discontinued ?? its those d4d 5th gears by the way

i just usd them in a box rebuild f weeks back there just like the 1s that came out of the oem gearbox same name and nrs on them etc etc

1st pic i can see 4th gear needs replacing also 2nd as the cog theet are missing like 3 or 4mm from the ends ?? from grinding gears

5th gear hub snapped by pulling under it ??

put up[ some more pics of al the hubs cogs to inspect the damage set seems very worn

So you used this kit Colin ?

Screenshot_20170514-164911_zpspc9i9bpr.p

I have no knowledge of gearboxes, I can take more pics when I'm back to work 2moz this is what I've got

IMG-20170513-WA0016_zpsqsdn1r0h.jpg

IMG-20170513-WA0031_zpsmz2vi7pm.jpg

IMG-20170513-WA0021_zpsbmyuuds2.jpg

The more I think about it the more I'm edging towards non Toyota bearings. Toyota don't make bearings that's a fact. I'm sure they just get them from the same people and pop them in a Toyota box just like many other manufactures do and mark the price up. Like Colin said they look exactly the same as the ones he took out and replaced

Toyota dont make bearings but when I've been to bearing suppliers they cant match them even goig through the koyo catalogue which is the bearing supplier toyota use a lot of the time.

Just bear in mind toyota have a lot of time and money to design and spec things how they want, when someone else comes along and copies the bearing it might not be to the same standard.

Toyota dont make bearings but when I've been to bearing suppliers they cant match them even goig through the koyo catalogue which is the bearing supplier toyota use a lot of the time.

Just bear in mind toyota have a lot of time and money to design and spec things how they want, when someone else comes along and copies the bearing it might not be to the same standard.

Fair comment. When parts are showing green and in stock on amayama is this correct in your experience buying from them ?

Yeah most things will be the same as toyota, So if one doesnt have it neither will the other.

Also if you buy from different locations you will have multiple parcels so a few loads of handling fees to pay. Sometimes they offer the same part with different prices from different places. Japan and U.A.E is common