Diff knowledge needed please

Its a TRD unit, possibly the earlier style but hard to tell without it being pulled apart further. The current model Cusco have oval sections in the side and those are more square.

Here's the ones from my car, new Cusco RS left, TRD old style right

img_3194as.jpg

Im pretty sure its clutch pack style not Helical. I'm currently running a TRD helical unit and it looks different to that one. In my experience the clutch style ones work better if setup properly.

Im pretty sure its clutch pack style not Helical. I'm currently running a TRD helical unit and it looks different to that one. In my experience the clutch style ones work better if setup properly.

It look identical to a Helical TRD after doing some research last night and also to drive it gives massive massive grip accelerating out of a corner which I read on a TRD page that's what they do

http://www.tercelreference.com/tercel_info/component_library/drivetrain_components.html#front differentials

yeah, some 4age/levin gearboxes come with toyota oem helical which looks like the trd helical as morgey said

i have a trd helical, and i'd say for everyday driving its great....no additional maintenance over a stock open diff

as with any gearbox, just run some decent gearoil