Hi folks

So I've picked up a facelift bumper for my Glanza (finally!) but it's in silver and my car is white so I'll have to get it re-sprayed. Now the problem I have know for a fact my car has had a re-spray at some point and looking at the colour under the bonnet they have used a slightly different shade of white ( I had no idea such a thing existed) Now I've spoke to the guy I got the car off and he said there was no receipt for it and that it was sprayed in japan before he imported it. So I'm wondering is there a way that a body shop could match the colour? or would it simply be either a case of trying their best to match the colour by eye? or re-spray the whole car? either that or I take my old bumper down B&Q and use the colour matcher and get a big tin of emulsion :p

Cheers peeps

There is hundreds of shades of white 040 super white 2 is our shade people think our shade is laquered but it's not. You will never get an exact match because bumper plastic is a different texture to metal as they absorb different. The silver will have to be taken off all reprimed again. They body or paint shop will have a colour swatch wait for a sunny day after a polish to go see what they can do. Also white paint should be a stirred mix and not shaken. It's a delicate process!

There is hundreds of shades of white 040 super white 2 is our shade people think our shade is laquered but it's not. You will never get an exact match because bumper plastic is a different texture to metal as they absorb different. The silver will have to be taken off all reprimed again. They body or paint shop will have a colour swatch wait for a sunny day after a polish to go see what they can do. Also white paint should be a stirred mix and not shaken. It's a delicate process!

Nice one dude! I thought it would be tricky. Yeah I figured it would have to be all stripped down and what have you. I assume when you say white paint needs to be stirred your talking about the car paint and not the emulsion lol thanks again mate