Mickl modified hill climb build

Hi

I thought it's about time I shared my build for hill climb and sprint modified class.

I started by taking the car apart to check all is well.

I then cleaned underneath, referb the rear axle and petrol Tank.

89056411-8A3A-425E-B233-DA5CDADF5A41_zps

Edited by MickL
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next job to strip the interior and fit Safety Device cage and that is hard work getting the cage to sit square to mark the position of the mounts.

Done now need take out to paint the interior.

EAC5A3EC-F0A3-4909-A593-9F1EE2979A0E_zps

Next job engine bay for fab work.

Few things I wanted to do here, firstly to see if I could do something about flexing in bulkhead when pressing the brakes hard.

Good friend mine was doing most of wielding and came up with idea to re enforce wall behind the master cylinder. And also I had an aluminium block made to fill the space around 4 spacer what hold the brake assembly to fire wall. Not sure it's going to work yet until I complete brake system (pipe work) , but does now feel very solid.

E281E9A3-313C-4603-B482-6E14EDB84756_zps

FF8F29E7-05AA-4FF4-9914-CF1477CCBA6A_zps

800912FB-156F-4642-9E67-4E1A4DC573B6_zps

141A6F25-FB47-454B-A4C9-EAC3912FBBA8_zps

B2BA9F11-E194-4C66-A970-F23E55DEF3D9_zps

Edited by MickL

I got this silver 97 Glanza 110k on the clock last July for the intention to do hillclimb and sprints. The car was pretty stock with aftermarket blitz air filter and blitz rear box.

I quickly fitted replacement intercooler, relocated the air filter, BR coil overs, rear anti roll bar and toms frount bumper. Enter it in to the last 3 events at Harewood hill climb in the road going class before I stripped for the winter.

Other things I've already done to the car

Replaced all wheel bearings

Fitted frount big brake kit got from Phil

Rear calipers referb and painted

Braided brake lines fitted to all brakes

Poly bushes fitted to rear beam

The engine has been stripped, the bock has been bored to 74.5 and head has been ported.

Funny thing is the head did not need skimming, but the block did.

I have collect most of the bits for the engine for when I get to that part of the build inc forged pistons and rods.

The gearbox is a OEM LSD.

Edited by MickL

Also forgot to mention I have taken battery tray out because I'm moving the battery to the passenger seat floor position.

B2954414-2DA4-4E37-8C52-175001E8ABF2_zps

Edited by MickL

You don't need to cut the dash for this cage, but the dash is not going back anyway.

Ahh cool can you show me how your bars sit at the front just I'm going for a weld in cage and want to maintain the dash!

Great work

Fuel cell 10litre item for sprints and hills?

What's the limitations of your class?

Phil

Hi Phil

I've not seen limitations, I am running fuel lines internally in braided PTFE and put a non return on the breather pipe.

Hope I'm not missing something, I will have to check the MSA book again.

P.S I saw your old car the other week at Harewood, look well and was going well.

Edited by MickL

Cheers all for encouragement for this build, if anyone got suggestions for lightening the car be much appreciated.

If you ever want a custom fuel tank let me know! 10L 20L 40L ect