Mickl modified hill climb build

Hi Phil

I've not seen limitations, I am running fuel lines internally in braided PTFE and put a non return on the breather pipe.

Hope I'm not missing something, I will have to check the MSA book again.

P.S I saw your old car the other week at Harewood, look well and was going well.

If you don't have unto use the original tank I've pm'd you the few thoughts on the race fuel cell.

Driiftie's offer maybe something to consider.

Phil

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mick! Great to see the progress. Was good to meet you at Harewood.

Keep up the good work! If your ever short of parts I seem to have a workshop full of them I've collected over the years.

Edited by GordR
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Mick! Great to see the progress. Was good to meet you at Harewood.

Keep up the good work! If your ever short of parts I seem to have a workshop full of them I've collected over the years.

Hey Gord

You to mate, thanks buddy probably be in touch soon

What time did you achieve that day?

Mick

Edited by MickL
  • 2 weeks later...

Today I managed to get the afternoon off to install the cage in for last time for awhile I hope.

0E6674A8-308F-46DE-ACD7-CB3B55019DB6_zps

Also fitted Seat rails and installed the Motordrive seat.

5170618A-53EC-4D86-88ED-AA1784EE37E1_zps

5932030A-D153-4599-B8A5-0C9B087DAE2D_zps

176869F6-CA4A-4801-8C21-97466EE1BEFA_zps

Edited by MickL

Time for update on progress.

Put a few things in the engine bay and started fitting the brake lines, I was going to use ABS deletion kit I got from TD and now decided to make my own using AN3 braided pipe and fittings. I did end up useing one of the pipes from the ABS deletion kit because I couldn't find AN fitting to come of the 2nd connection on brake master cylinder.

BB431B8F-8604-44CE-890C-D9C3F60D412C_zps

I came of the 2nd fitting and routed through the bulk to a bias valve I fitted next to my hand brake and then on to a tee to feed the rear brakes.

859DB9B9-6B82-40FA-8DD5-1764F0D6DD99_zps

6D807421-7C71-444D-9EE1-71737691B314_zps

Edited by MickL

I have routed the brake line for the rear brakes through rear seat belt bolt hole in rear wheel arch. I had to grind down some of the bolt to allow the bulkhead fitting fit right.

I made a bracket for the pipe to pass through to keep away from the wheel.

9E9B92F1-8683-4D97-94C1-990CDF25F680_zps

are you running braided line brake line from master cylinder all the way to calipers? I recently had to make up brake lines for my car and after research went with hard pipe over braided. Braided still has some degree of expansion, someone worked out it could cause as much as 2cm extra travel on the pedal. Might not sound a lot but would make it feel some what more spongy.

Not sure if you use the car on the road either but im sure the use of those fittings is iffy come MOT

Edited by Ollieh17

are you running braided line brake line from master cylinder all the way to calipers? I recently had to make up brake lines for my car and after research went with hard pipe over braided. Braided still has some degree of expansion, someone worked out it could cause as much as 2cm extra travel on the pedal. Might not sound a lot but would make it feel some what more spongy

Yes I got braided all through the car, the inner pipe is PTFE is this same pipe your talking about?

Comments welcome

Mick

Really nice build weldone

Cheers buddy

Yes I got braided all through the car, the inner pipe is PTFE is this same pipe your talking about?

Comments welcome

Mick

Cheers buddy

yeh mate, read a couple of different views but decided to stick with hardlines as hate a spongy pedal. Ideally for the best brake pedal you should use as much hard line as possible, only using flexi hose on the joints where it needs movements due to suspension travel

Brakes are now done, so we were able carry out test on the bulkhead mode we did to and stop master brake cylinder moving. I can report no visible movement even with mate who is 6.2 pressing sudden hard stabs at the pedal.

Also fitted is a sera master cylinder making pedal feel great.

Just a note on Sera master cylinder, I had to adjust the rod in servo to make it shorter reach for pushing cylinder piston.

225F4494-7BEF-414C-AEC6-6C6193CE0C97_zps

Edited by MickL