1981 Mazda RX7 SA22C (First Generation)

Year: 1981
Model: RX7 SA22C
Tax: No
MOT: No
Mileage: 113k (I think, Will confirm later)

Description:
First gen RX7, Have to sell to fund Glanza repairs. Car is a rolling project and will need some work to get back on the road. Bought it in December 2015, got the engine running that night using a Lucozade bottle full of petrol, It ran nice but wouldn't idle, Probably due to being gravity fed from the bottle. Everything underneath the car has been removed, Sandblasted and repainted, The floor was wire wheeled and resealed with Hammerite. All lower arms and the rear axle were painted in Hammerite too. All the bushes have been replaced with poly's from Energy suspension. Car has a new break master cylinder in December 2015, I bled the breaks at that time and they worked well without any leaks, I'd recommend rebuilding the calipers though as the car was sat for 14 years prior to me buying it. Front lower arms are from TechnoToyTuning and I have a harness bar from them too still in the box, Both of these cost me around £1000 after all the related import charges and shipping ect. Paintwork on the car is shite and will need a respray, The engine bay has been sanded back and painted in Hammerite aswell, Brush job though so don't expect some perfection, Though it looks a lot better than before. Fuel tank is solid without any holes or leaks but it would benefit from some POR15 treatment. I planned on having a new one made so It has just been living on the garage floor since it came off the car around January 2016. I have all new window and door seals for the car still in their boxes, New clutch slave cylinder and new inner and outer tie rods in their boxes. There is 3 spots of rust/rot on the car that I have found (I've been deep in this car) There is a small patch probably around 2 inches squared with a few small holes in the top of the firewall, The drivers side front wing has some rot at the bottom of it with some holes and the last is on the inside of the arch on the passenger side, I can get pictures of all of this if you want to see for yourself. Everything I have removed from the car I still have. Exhaust, Bonnet, Bumper, Radiator ect ect. Gearbox has been off the car to check the clutch which was in good condition with plenty of meat left on it, box was painted while it was out and so was the propshaft. Anyway if you have any questions please do ask or I'll be here all night writing about the car. I can get any pictures you require but I think it's best if you come and have a look at the car yourself if you're serious about buying it. You will obviously need a trailer or some other method of removing it from the garage it has lived in since December 2015.

Price: £1000

Pictures: I can send more on request, Just ask.
post-14959-0-96104000-1495571754_thumb.j
post-14959-0-09107700-1495571778_thumb.j
post-14959-0-56631000-1495571790_thumb.j
post-14959-0-59065000-1495571807_thumb.j

Contact Details: Please PM me on here and we can sort something out.

post-14959-0-96104000-1495571754_thumb.j

post-14959-0-09107700-1495571778_thumb.j

post-14959-0-56631000-1495571790_thumb.j

post-14959-0-59065000-1495571807_thumb.j

People are snapping these up now due to their soon to be classic status.

This ripe for some serious sleeper conversion or just damn right retro ride.

It's a shame you got to sell it as I guarantee these will.go up in value. It's not my.sort of car, but these are starting to gain appreciation amongst enthusiasts.

Good luck with the sale.

People are snapping these up now due to their soon to be classic status.

This ripe for some serious sleeper conversion or just damn right retro ride.

It's a shame you got to sell it as I guarantee these will.go up in value. It's not my.sort of car, but these are starting to gain appreciation amongst enthusiasts.

Good luck with the sale.

I had planned on putting a 13B Turbo into it from an FC along with the sub-frame hence why I haven't played with the engine in it apart from the day I got it.

I'm 100% sure it will rise in value, The price I'm asking is rather low but needs must. Thanks for the kind words!

Mate here sold his last year for just under 10k bud, it was completely 100% as it left the factory.

I can believe it, This car is mostly standard apart from the suspension parts I've replaced, It was in a shed for 14 years, Guy before me had it sat up for a year and I've had it in garage for almost 2 years haha. It's on eBay now so I don't think it will be around for much longer.