Coilovers or Standard Suspension with lowering springs

I went with APEX 30mm springs and new kyb excel g shocks, at first I was a little bit disappointed as the ride height was still a little bit high for my liking however they did settle down after a months driving, nice comfortable driving.

Didn't improve the handling that much though, it just refreshed it, the handling was just the same as driving any 90s standard car.

Put it this way your mum would be more than happy with this setup 😁

Edited by mart1

Adding poly bushes and anti roll bars stiffen up the chassis so defo expect some knocks over bumps. Uneven road surface.

Starlets are far from refined, especially after a few mods. Its easy to ruin them, dont go too far if you daily it!

Mart, yeah mate, I really don't want to put the entire set up on and then not be happy with the way the car sits and handles.. I think coilovers is the only option really..

Daniel, my bushes are completely shot so they will need replacing. Do you think standard bushes will be better then? Is anti lift kit worth installing? I've read they work miracles..

• 2 weeks later...

Well, just adding some info.

1. MeisterR is NOT rebranded BC. :p

Don't believe me, just get a set and put it on a damper dyno, I can guarantee you will see a different damping curve.

MeisterR have our own R&D workshop, and we engineered all the damper valving in house and therefore it is unique to us.

2. MeisterR coilovers are designed for a Starlet.

We were the first to design the suspension setup for a starlet.

Previous to us, most suspension ride too high in the rear; we were the first to introduce a solution specific to the EP82 / EP91 chassis.

3. MeisterR will ride nicer even if springs rate is the same as other suspension.

As I have said, we engineered our CRD valving.

One of the thing we place great focus on is ride quality, and specific solution have been engineered into our damper valving to enhance that.

So just because another brands run the same springs rate, i can almost guarantee you that they will feel significantly different.

Just a few things to bring up to help you on your research.

Jerrick