Cheap but battered VF10 powered EP91

Year: 1996
Model: EP91 - Manual
Tax: Don't be silly ( Currently on a SORN)
MOT: Expires 19th July
Mileage: 218,288Km

Description:

This was my daily for the last 9 years. I bought this in good condition many moons ago, and had it through various turbo set ups and stages, from the CT9, to a CT9 Hybrid with a top mount, through to it's current set up sitting with a VF10 turbo, screamer pipe, front mount and on a JAM Ecu.

The time has come to get rid of it, as I had the choice to spend lots of money on it getting it back up to a good condition with more mods, or to get something a little different and newer for the daily commute to work. I chose the latter, so now it's sitting doing nothing outside and someone may want to use it for a track car, strip it down or even buy it to take a few bits off it. If this doesn't sell whole, most of it will be scrapped as I don't have a garage or driveway to keep it whilst it's in pieces.

Unfortunately this car is very rough body wise, mainly due to 3 theft attempts and 4 occasions of bad vandalism. Nearly every body panel has damage or rust on it, hence the battered condition in the title. That being said, the engine and gearbox are still in great condition, and the car was running great up until the night I took it off the road to collect my new car. It's sad to see it go, but I can't keep it where I live and someone may want a cheap turbo'd toy to play in. The car definately needs some TLC, and this would be far better suited to a project or stripping than anything else.

The mods:

TA Technix front coilovers from a MK2 golf on TRD EP91 springs with TRD Top mounts - Also got standard dampers in good condition with Tein springs and worn Cusco Top mounts as spares as these are stiff as hell

Standard rear dampers with Tein lowering springs

15 inch Rota Auto X wheels with Rainsport 3 tires

Both engine mounts Polybushed

Gearbox mount Polybushed

Front anti roll bar poly bushed

Exedy OEM Replacement clutch

Blitz Nurspec R full exhaust

Walbro 255 fuel pump

Uprated TRD HT Leads

Air Con removed

Solid style shifter bearings

PCV drilled out for breather

Thick core front mount intercooler from the CJ Performance group buy

VF10 Subaru Turbo - Rotated and wastegate welded shut

Ebay Wastegate with 0.75 spring

Custom mild steel tubular manifold with external wastegate welded on - from 5e Colin

Custom made stainless screamer pipe - Exits at downpipe pointing towards the road, sounds immense

Civic Aluminium triple core radaitor with uprated fan

Custom made earthing kit

JAM EP91 ecu - Fuelling checked at 1 bar and it was spot on, all seals intact, never opened

Gizzmo MS-IBC Boost controller - 6 settings for boost, scramble feature available

Girlfriend friendly bubble style JDM gearknob

Speaker pods mounted in door panels, tweeters in A pillars

Later spec parcel shelf with speakers fitted

Cat 1 alarm with certificate for insurance proof

Disclock steering lock with 2 keys

Team Ebay wind deflectors

Worn out fake carbon TRD bonnet scoop

Comes with a 96 shape parcel shelf, random spare HT leads and Idle Control Valves, and two great condition front wishbones

The bad points:

Front wings damaged, keyed, rusty

Bonnet not straight thanks to some old git with no brakelights

Front bumper recieved a meeting with a saw to fit front mount, and then refused to give me my numberplate back thanks to Halfords super dooper sticky plate things

Driver door kicked, lock attacked with a screwdriver, door pried at top

Small rust patch showing behind left sideskirt

Rear arches showing rust on the underside faces

Passenger door lock filled in with metal epoxy - found half a screwdriver in it one night, would rather the screwdriver was half in the little shits head that tried to steal it

Passenger door keyed

Passenger rear quarter keyed and hit with something small and pointy, maybe the thieves small member?

Lower rear spoiler looks like its hiding something rusty behind it, scared to look, so didn't look

Bootlid lock never worked, has a button to open it so never bothered fixing it

Drivers seat well worn, really needs a new one

Car needs hoovered, or set on fire...suggest the hoover option

Two front tires low on the insides, as a guess it's probably because I was a hooligan and gave it the beans a lot, but that's just a guess?

Exhaust had a meeting with a speedbump, it didn't go well. Downpipe is a bit flat where it should be round

Exhaust had resonator removed before I bought it, replacement has turned to rust and pretty much not attached, main reason for not wanting to work on it and taking it off the road

Wishbone bushes are getting soft, bought two replacement arms with good bushes to poly bush, but then bought another car...decision making 1 - planning 0

Battery has since decided it gives zero fucks since taking it off the road, maybe needs a good trickly charge, maybe needs thrown in a bush (Taken responsibly to your local battery collection centre or garage)

Side skirts look like something from a russian offroad instagram page

Front crankshaft seal weeps, doesn't loose oil badly but should probably be replaced

Back wheels have no paint on the red lip for some reason, fronts didn't peel at all. Suffers slight rim leaks due to this

Car ideally needs trailored away due to exhaust gasses from the break and dodgy battery, but can be driven at your peril and choice of earplugs

Paint overall not bad, still looks pretty clean when washed from a distance...in the dark...in the wet...after 3 pints...

This car has been fantastic, and hasn't let me down bar a failed fuel pump at one stage. Compression was checked at time of fitting the VF10 kit, showing within 5 psi across the board. Timing belt, water pump and oil pump done in the last 30k miles. At 1 bar, it pulls strong as hell, and like many people with slightly tweaked Glanzas and GT Turbos it ruined the day of a lot of cocky drivers in cars worth much much more. It is truly a beater now, but it can still hold its own with some TLC and will still bring a smile to your face with the noise and power on boost. This is not a cheap Glanza by any means, but a beater to do with what you like. I contemplated just making it a rust look rat Starlet, but I thought it would be too hard to sell in that style...im so funny.

Please don't waste my time with this though, it's as honest above as it can be. This was sold and going away, but the 2 gentlemen in question wasted my time and never turned up. Another person is supposedly saving some cash and wants it, but I need it gone and can't keep it here forever. Car is based in Edinburgh, Scotland, and sitting there if anyone wants to come and look whether im there or at work. Please look with the intention of trailoring away.

Price: £1400 with JAM ecu, £1000 Price dropped to £1250 with the JAM ECU, £800 with the stock in it if you have your own mapable or PNP ECU to put in instead (must be driven off boost carefully with the stock ecu) - Price is negotiable as I need it gone, but it's not going for free.

Pictures:post-4372-0-48100600-1496497732_thumb.jppost-4372-0-44495200-1496497744_thumb.jppost-4372-0-35412000-1496497754_thumb.jppost-4372-0-43655500-1496497771_thumb.jppost-4372-0-61494900-1496497779_thumb.jppost-4372-0-35525600-1496497788_thumb.jppost-4372-0-77072500-1496497804_thumb.jppost-4372-0-65891000-1496497814_thumb.jppost-4372-0-73858600-1496497833_thumb.jppost-4372-0-22734100-1496497844_thumb.jppost-4372-0-17910600-1496497853_thumb.jppost-4372-0-21160600-1496497863_thumb.jppost-4372-0-49247100-1496497871_thumb.jppost-4372-0-32257000-1496497881_thumb.jp

Contact Details: Please PM on here, as I can't answer my phone at work and my shifts are all over the place right now. Thanks!

Edited by Mike_trx

Hi mate

I can send someone for glanza next week with recovery vehicle and £1100 in cash (to include jam Ecu), I'm rebuilding an "n" reg glanza down here in castle douglas and need parts,

Cheers

Markcon

Hi mate

I can send someone for glanza next week with recovery vehicle and £1100 in cash (to include jam Ecu), I'm rebuilding an "n" reg glanza down here in castle douglas and need parts,

Cheers

Markcon

I'll reply to your PM mate.

Can't afford to buy it but had good fun reading your 'bad bits' part. So here's a free bump

Ha, thanks very much!

You would make more money breaking the car.

I know, but I don't have a garage or a driveway to keep this in bits. It's been broken into and vandalised enough without it sitting on 4 axle stands and missing various parts. Im not really after a huge amount of money, would just rather it got used.