ep91 4efe to 4efte

hi,

my car is an ep91 n/a no abs no power steering no ac and I d like to turbo it.

I have: a ram horn mani, ct9, downpipe, exhaust, intercooler...

I also have: fte inlet, air intake temp, map sensor, injectors, coil and ignitor and knock sensor

what is the best way to go ? what ecu should I take, the gt or glanza one and as for the TPS?

thanks

Sounds like youve got most it sorted but.

There is more than 1 way to go about this conversion.

From where you are,

Get a Glanza loom from the same year starlet as yours.

Get a thermostat housing with sensors aswell.

Glanza ECU

Use a FTE TPS, is there not one on your your inlet? Remember to set it up.

If your ram horn manifold doesnt clear your PAS pump you can swap to a Glanza pump, need brackets too.

You will need a FTE oil filter housing aswell.

Im pretty sure you will also need the FTE distributor and glanza sump or drill yours. The FTE oil filter housing use's a longer union bolt so make sure you have that to.

I did this conversion on a Corolla and used a GT ecu (due to the 2 plugs) and the stock Corolla wiring but just added the extra wires for the extra sensors, the GT ecu has 2 plugs, the Glanza ECU has 3.

thanks for you reply.

yeah I know for oil filter distributor etc

it is more about wiring. my ep91 has two plugs I think. that's why I wonder which ecu to take.

will the 2 connectors of my car will fit a gt ecu ?

as for the inlet I only have the many, not the throttle body and tps

knock sensor is one wire, so won't be so difficult for the this.

and why do I need to change thermostat housing. I compared it with my gt (glanza engine) and they look the same

one for the dash gauge, one for the fan and one for water temperature

The thermostat housing on the FTE also has two extra ports which supply/return coolant to the turbo they are needed if your fitting a CT9 turbo or a water cooled turbo.

If your wiring in a knock sensor or any distributor/oxygen sensor wires remember to shield them from interference.

Im not sure about the ep91 NA ecu connectors, but have a look at them and compare them to the GT ones and see if they are the same. However the wiring will be different not way off though this is why you need a pin out of the GT/Glanza ecu and of your ecu so u can change/add/remove wires to get it all to work. Also check the fuel pump relay wiring, as on mine it was different, but im not sure about the ep91 NA

Edited by TRD-1
  • 1 year later...

Hi

I m adding  o2 distributor and knock sensor loom for a gt conversion.

All the shieldings go To a connector with brown wires but they are cut.

Must i connect thoses

On 08/06/2017 à, TRD-1 said:

The thermostat housing on the FTE also has two extra ports which supply/return coolant to the turbo they are needed if your fitting a CT9 turbo or a water cooled turbo.

If your wiring in a knock sensor or any distributor/oxygen sensor wires remember to shield them from interference.

Im not sure about the ep91 NA ecu connectors, but have a look at them and compare them to the GT ones and see if they are the same. However the wiring will be different not way off though this is why you need a pin out of the GT/Glanza ecu and of your ecu so u can change/add/remove wires to get it all to work. Also check the fuel pump relay wiring, as on mine it was different, but im not sure about the ep91 NA

Hi

I m adding  o2 distributor and knock sensor loom for a gt conversion.

All the shieldings go To a connector with brown wires but they are cut.

Must i connect one brown wire to  the main loom?

Can i leave it like that? What causes not to earth them?

Thanks