0-60mph in under 5 seconds

Youll need very good tyres, sus setup for it and a lot of power bud, i used to struggle to do that in my 4wd scoob. You start breaking things launching cars like that, its much better for the car to accelerate from a rolling start! 0-60 is a pretty pointless figure real world!

Youll need very good tyres, sus setup for it and a lot of power bud, i used to struggle to do that in my 4wd scoob. You start breaking things launching cars like that, its much better for the car to accelerate from a rolling start! 0-60 is a pretty pointless figure real world!

Yes mate, that's a good point.

I pulled up next to a 120d the other day next to a traffic light and he was giving it large so I spanked him silly when the lights turned green. Then I got thinking...what if that was an M3 or something lol, it would be cool to destroy AMG's and M3's in a little starlet as standard procedure.

Edited by Shyam

A good ecu with L/C, Boost by gear and/or traction control would help a lot. Then as above, tyres, suspension setup.

Someone nearby me has a race prepped mk3 or 4 leon running 280-300hp and that has a 0-60 of 4.2 secs which i was quite surprised by, but it does have a 4k dogbox to go along with all the other go faster bits haha

yeah that is impressive Morgey... Are you trying to tell me to sell my Glanza and get a Seat Cupra lool

Haha im just saying that with the likes of T/C, boost by gear that modern cars are more likely to come equipped with they can get the 0-60 times down quite a lot without a crazy amount of power

Haha im just saying that with the likes of T/C, boost by gear that modern cars are more likely to come equipped with they can get the 0-60 times down quite a lot without a crazy amount of power

Yeah I know what you mean. Got a Tiguan company car and although it goes relatively well, it's seriously boring to drive. It feels like everything is electrically engaged and assisted.

2nd gear pulls are where its at.

2nd gear is where its at till u have serious shunt, then 3rd is the new 2nd ;)

Daniel_G, Chops, Yes lads. I'm currently on an Auto at the min but converting to a Manual LSD later this year. Seriously can not wait !! haha

Get a motorbike job done

As above. Buy a motorbike lol.

Lol yeah I already have one. But my CBT limits me to a 125cc. Still making the most of it with a rotax racing engine 2 stroker I'm a bigger fan of Rally Dakar/Enduro bikes than Superbikes. Generally because I think they're scary and I'd probably kill myself on one lol

ah bikes, one wheel drive, fall over, knacker their engines at like 50k miles, require special clothing to ride 'safely' and arent actually that fast unless the weather is good and the road suits it. but still the biker fanboys go on about their superiority, baffling.

ah bikes, one wheel drive, fall over, knacker their engines at like 50k miles, require special clothing to ride 'safely' and arent actually that fast unless the weather is good and the road suits it. but still the biker fanboys go on about their superiority, baffling.

lol someone's obviously scared of bikes haha the engines run forever if looked after just like a car and I can assure you any 1000cc sports bike and prob even 600cc would distroy most cars on the road even in the wet

lol someone's obviously scared of bikes haha the engines run forever if looked after just like a car and I can assure you any 1000cc sports bike and prob even 600cc would distroy most cars on the road even in the wet

haha you both have a good point. Whitenoize, bikes are a lot more dangerous and one moments loss of concentration or another foolish driver could end up costing you your life.... But Chops, I gotta say mate, 2 wheels are a bigger adrenaline rush than 4 wheels. They're fun but I wouldn't go out tearing the streets up and trying to race on a motorbike. And like you say, I only go out on my bike when the weather is good.

I started this topic because if you pull up in your poxy little starlet next a 40 grand AMG or Msport car and they think they're better than you because they're rich or because their cars worth more than yours, imagine how good it would feel to reduce their egos to the size of a pea ball.

Edited by Shyam

Only dangerous if you ride like an idiot I've been riding over 20 year and only had one serious accident I was stoned and checking out a hot piece of pussy at the petrol station and smashed into the back of a car safe to say I'll never make that mistake again hahaha but that was when I was 17 so I think that was a lesson learned

Lol, i've never seen so much bollocks in one post! One wheel drive and will still outrun most cars on the road. Engines are well capable of running over 50k. Most commuter bikes have this kinda mileage and maybe more. You'll regularly see Pan Europeans and GS's with 100k on and still going strong. The only legal requirement is a helmet, the others are just optional. As for weather or roads? Take a look at the IOM TT.

Lol, i've never seen so much bollocks in one post! One wheel drive and will still outrun most cars on the road. Engines are well capable of running over 50k. Most commuter bikes have this kinda mileage and maybe more. You'll regularly see Pan Europeans and GS's with 100k on and still going strong. The only legal requirement is a helmet, the others are just optional. As for weather or roads? Take a look at the IOM TT.

Im just having a giggle hating bud, each to their own. Only thing i watch the iom tt for is subaru wrecking house round it! Edited by Chops
  • 4 weeks later...

you can do 5 second pulls in a automatic glanza quite easily seen it and been in a few over the years. Autos seem to launch better then manuals. Getting under 5 will be hard but doable i guess with a good setup.

Been riding for nearly a decade and never had a problem.

Commuting is the worst, cars simply don't see you and you need to be mega alert.

It's not uncommon for some Honda tourers to do well over 500k on an original engine. For superbikes it's not a question of reliability as it is maintenance, keep up the maintenance and it will see you happy all day like, but each manufacturer has a bike with some problems.

Bikes aren't that dangerous in themselves, you only have to read trevstars post in the members section to realise cars are no better, that false sense of security absolutely makes it was. I guess the real problem in some bikes will do 70 in first or second so it's really more of the fact it's easier to find yojrself doing high speeds.

That said, stick to the limit and pay attention to the road and you will very rarely be in trouble.

Bikes are way more interactive and even at slow speeds can be really good fun!

you can do 5 second pulls in a automatic glanza quite easily seen it and been in a few over the years. Autos seem to launch better then manuals. Getting under 5 will be hard but doable i guess with a good setup.

Is that a 5 second 1/16th mile ?

Never mind, speed related question not distance haha

Edited by SpikeyJp_68