Wheel leaning out at top

Hi All

Car has had a knock on front corner ( slid into kerb! )

Replaced wishbone, drop link , lower ball joint and discs ( from Id worxs) but something's not right as the car won't line up and the wheel leans out at the top.

It's got coilovers and there's a clanging sound coming from the spring when you lock the steering .

Any ideas?

I'm thinking about changing hub and putting it back to standard springs to see if that straightens it up

Any help much appreciated

Vin

Could be the top mount, could be the whole shock. Sounds like the spring is binding as you're turning the wheel, it needs properly inspecting, and the only way to do that is to remove the parts.

Could be the top mount, could be the whole shock. Sounds like the spring is binding as you're turning the wheel, it needs properly inspecting, and the only way to do that is to remove the parts.

Cheers Tim

I put a request in the wanted section for used springs and hubs etc to source the parts I haven't replaced yet and I mentioned why I needed them and I got a reply from the moderator Morgey who suggested it might be out of line because I should of jacked up the wheel before tightening the suspension bolts up and I definitely didn't do this so I need to jack it up and get this done first . Do you think if it is out of alignment because I didn't put it together properly could effect the spring and cause the spring noise?

This is great help , thanks guys.

Vin

Worth checking.

I've never done that when tightening mine up, but can understand the theory behind why you might need to.

Ultimately, I wouldn't buy anything until you can pinpoint exactly what is broken, or not right. By the time you've loosened the bottom bolts off to adjust the shock you might as well remove the whole thing and have a proper look at it. It should be easy to spot if it's broken by comparing it to the shock and spring on the other side of the car.