What do you want from ukso

Facebook I find is better if your looking for any parts as you get quick answers and replies!

The forums advantage is project blogs! I'm sure a fair few people like myself enjoy reading and even having there own project blogs!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's no fault of the forums it's the type of people that own starlets now 90% of the people on the Facebook pages are 19 year old wanna be gangsters who think they know everything about everything driving around with with fraudulent insurance and thinking they are the dogs balls I personally wouldn't want half of the wankers that are on the fb pages on here

100%

also when people give advice on here some of it is bollocks the things i read are just a joke

whats giving these cars and there add on parts bad names are these kind of people. not enough tech talk just a heard of sheep following the sheppard

100%

also when people give advice on here some of it is bollocks the things i read are just a joke

whats giving these cars and there add on parts bad names are these kind of people. not enough tech talk just a heard of sheep following the sheppard

Yeah well people should not hesitate to step in and debate/correct anyone if they feel they're wrong. After all, innocent person could go away and try all that stuff they were advised on, believing it will work and then comes back to haunt them lol

I think it's a fair point by glanzagee, maybe introduce a stricter rule in how people answer stuff with more technical and well constructed answers to queries and concerns. I find that a lot of people know what they're talking about and use abbreviated terms. And in fairness to them, they mean no harm by it..., they're just using the keyboard more efficiently but it could confuse noobs (like me) that are reading back on forums for information. lol We should treat the forums like a information base with ideas and knowledge as well as peoples experiences. progression and banter all at the same time.

Edited by Shyam

Not necessarily more traders, But active ones. A lot of the traders on here seem pretty dead with nothing going on in their sections for years.
I like the ideas about bonus balling the parts and starlet of the week ect, That gives something that Facebook can't offer easily.

It has already been covered its Nout to do with the forum itsself its the people.

I dont have facebook.. its full of shit but can see the effect its having on the forum..

The traders should be getting involved more. I know they got businesses to run ect but they should be the 1s helping us out with the tech more..

Just maybe few more fun things to do to attract people back... photo of the month all well and good but its 2 long winded waiting for outcome then it gets forgoten...

Shorten it to weekly comps. Put a theme in it.. every1 loves getting snap happy..

Raffles...

Prize draws....

Any way of doing a games section? Weather its oldschool packman or some shit. Lol...

It has already been covered its Nout to do with the forum itsself its the people.

I dont have facebook.. its full of shit but can see the effect its having on the forum..

The traders should be getting involved more. I know they got businesses to run ect but they should be the 1s helping us out with the tech more..

Just maybe few more fun things to do to attract people back... photo of the month all well and good but its 2 long winded waiting for outcome then it gets forgoten...

Shorten it to weekly comps. Put a theme in it.. every1 loves getting snap happy..

Raffles...

Prize draws....

Any way of doing a games section? Weather its oldschool packman or some shit. Lol...

it's not really long winded mate.. the starlet of the week photo, etc etc would be voted on by ukso members on the same topic and then tallied up by mods at end of the week. the votes would be public on the same thread so it would be easy for anyone to tally up after that ...yeah like the ideas of themes etc

it's not really long winded mate.. the starlet of the week photo, etc etc would be voted on by ukso members on the same topic and then tallied up by mods at end of the week. the votes would be public on the same thread so it would be easy for anyone to tally up after that ...yeah like the ideas of themes etc

What i mean beggining of the month pics would be uploaded pretty much 1st week. Yeah voting is over the month but nexr thread wont start till following month.

Where as if u done something weekly. Keeps it going then. Chuck a different theme each week to keep it challenging..

Have a vote at end of the year top 12 pics get put in calander.

Only my input... i like pictures... lol

What i mean beggining of the month pics would be uploaded pretty much 1st week. Yeah voting is over the month but nexr thread wont start till following month.

Where as if u done something weekly. Keeps it going then. Chuck a different theme each week to keep it challenging..

Have a vote at end of the year top 12 pics get put in calander.

Only my input... i like pictures... lol

By different theme do you mean, Pictures in the dark one week, pictures in the rain another week? That kind of thing?

Don't know if this is still the case but when I had my Starlet the Scottish scene was absolutely dead, I went to a Starlet meet and only two turned up! SCS is also a joke with only a few Starlets not sure if it's just a lack of owners in Scotland but the fact that no admin/mod up here (that I know of) might have something to do with it, If there was someone here with some sort of higher up position holding monthly meets, runs to crail etc. might get more people interested as japfest and JAE are a long way away for us lot, monthly meets could also attract new owners with no idea that there is a forum if they hear there is a Starlet meet going on.

By different theme do you mean, Pictures in the dark one week, pictures in the rain another week? That kind of thing?

Yeah could be anything! Could Be a certain backdrop,object,angle.rolling shot. Track pics. Car part. Anything random really just to make people go out and compete...

I know we have a region thing with for events but maybe get rid of that and in a county section in for general use like maybe whos in your area, local events, local news talk, need help with doing something on a car. I know theres alot of counties so maybe only make a section for a county if someone requests it. Maybe one of the people from that area looks after that section of the forum, maybe a title of Local Mod. Don't know how hard it would be to in place.

other people have pointed it out but uploading photos isn't as easy it takes time compared to social media platforms. But there isn't an easy fix for this I imagine, for the forum to host images would then take more data and more costs. (I know the forum has hosted but don't know if it still does)

I think the forum is pretty decent overall just some little things people might like to improve. I my self would like to see...

1) A meets section where people can post meets, not just UKSO meets just if one night if people are bored they can attend and get a few starlets down to the meets to show the love. Dont do it by region just have a section that says meets so everyone can see whats going on, but its a requirement to put the location and county and general info about the meet. as i have had my glanza now about a year and not been to a single meet yet, i have chilled at funny onions lock up and done some work on my V there but thats about it! would like to meet more of you guys and gals!

2) a section with more accessory's like UKSO air fresheners, stickers, t-shirts, key rings ect just cool little things for quality of life and funky bits.

Cheers josh

A simple one click join for FaceBook tubes? Click the button, it detects your profile info from Facebook, select a username/password and you're in?

Limited access for guest browsing, i.e 5 pages flicked through the forum locks out bar a join screen?

More people taking the effort to answer random questions, silly questions. Yes you can google it, but 20seconds to help someone makes the forum a better place, even if the questioner dosent have a turbo.

More people taking the effort to answer random questions, silly questions. Yes you can google it, but 20seconds to help someone makes the forum a better place, even if the questioner dosent have a turbo.

that's what the search feature is for for dude it get a bit tedious when 100 people have asked the same question like will my et0 wheels fit or what's this plug for