Ryan's Red EP91 Glanza V

Hi all,

Suppose its about time i started a build thread as now is about the time real work should start :).

Its my first time doing anything like this so i will wish myself luck. :D Any pointers and/or constructive criticism is quite welcome!

So, After 15 months of ownership its finally time to get some work started on forging the glanza.

Back in March last year after much debate i decided to start looking for a new car as the civic was getting a little slow! A friend of mine had a glanza years ago and i absolutely loved it. years down the line another friend decided to purchase a glanza and due to the fact i now had a driving license i was trusted to get behind the wheel, i instantly fell in love and spent the next few weeks searching for the right car.

After searching around for weeks and having my heart set on a White one i finally found something else that i couldn't resist. A Super red II 1997 EP91 glanza V, Imported in 2008 Slightly modified running around 180bhp. After seeing the advert and having a chat with the owner i decided it was going to be mine :p.

Here she was after the long drive to her new home in Wigan from Peteborough;

0480EFB5-8B9D-492C-B86E-F5AD2F798225_zps

And alongside my friends Glanza after her first detail;
D5B6A730-2D84-4E8B-AB48-71FE3542630E_zps

(Apologies for the awful quality but my phone at the time was crap!)

The car already had some decent, basic mods/extras;

Air con delete
Braided fuel lines
Hel braded brake lines all round

Goodridge clutch line

Solid Shifter bushes
HKS adjustable turbo actuator
Genuine sard fuel regulator
HKS SLD
Zisco CT9 manifold
Gizmo electronic boost controller
Subaru lamco boost guages and volts
Fmic

Red ht leads
OEM front strut brace
Meister r coilovers

2.5 inch custom exhaust

Razo jdm pedals
Flocked dash a pillars and tops of door cards
Old school recaro drivers seat
TRD Clock surround
Optional extra factory foot well lights and key surround

Progress has been pretty slow to be honest due to lack of money throughout the training stages of my job.

Throughout my ownership i have so far added;
OEM rear strut brace
OEM wind deflectors
Red DC2 Recoros on genuine Recaro EP91 Rails
Whiteline Panhard rod
Polly bushed drop links
AE111 Levin BZR twin pot calipers and discs

Also due to my head gasket deciding to go pop i decided to get a full top end rebuild with Athena 1.2mm MLS head gasket + ARP head bolts.

How she stands today
A79259F4-14B2-4EF1-B219-37C44045A223_zps

Not any different but i do love this rolling shot :D

Now for whats to come.

As some of you will of already noticed in the first pictures, my friends glanza is actually the one built by John (ro55ifumi). As some of you will also know this was sadly written off due to some idiot deciding to pull out on my friend. Once things were sorted insurance wise and he had the car returned in a sorry state he offered me a price i couldn't resist.
i decided to buy the whole car from him and make use of some of the parts. :thumbsup:
So, Here she is on the back of my dads trailer.
7912E842-F924-46A2-9C78-BD41B78C1E3E_zps

Both The glanza's sat next to each other once again :)
0465B68D-5105-45A8-88F1-CB3A2A4A510B_zps

I started striping the silver car down, my car was due some new breaks up front so first thing first, i took the Levin twin pots.
0AF34881-1EBE-4820-9086-6D7FC21A0A79_zps
The calipers were fully stripped and rebuilt with fresh seals and pistons all round and a set of Black diamond predator pads (i had heard good reviews on these so i thought i would give them a try).
I also picked up some extended studs from Fensport as i wasn't happy with how little thread i had left after fitting the bigger discs.

I haven't managed to get a picture of them all fitted yet!

next i got a little bored and decided that i really liked the RW developments rocker and catch can off the silver V, so off it came and onto the red one along with the Blue magnacore leads.
6480FD54-2964-4647-8472-11DBB94D6F00_zps
Before (engine bay is a mess i know :cray:)
C6DFD1FD-0703-4F50-B2E6-7436A319BA21_zps
After.

Only a few days after fitting the breaks, panhard and having 4 new tyres, after a long time of showing turbo oil seal problems, The CT9 decided to pack in. I decided to put the car away for a while, its time to get the Stage 2 TD forged engine out the silver V into the red one.

Here is the daily for now kindly lent to my by a good friend :thumbsup: E46 330d m-sport touring auto.
1738953d-3300-48ac-8f64-a432c3aedb94_zps

My plans now are to get the engine out and give it a refurbish. all new seals, water pump, oil pump head gasket etc. I am also going to add ARP main bolts for a bit of peace of mind. Sadly the TD04 turbo and Racetech manifold took a big hit in the crash and are now completely F####d. I always thought Td04 was abit mainstream and wanted to be different. So i decided to take a different route with this that shall be revealed shortly :p.
I will be sure to keep this updated!

Good work mate! Glad to see that johns V is living on in parts for you!

Lookinh forward to the updates

James

Cheers James, progress will probably be slow but Ile try keep this updated as much as I can

Cheers ☺️ We're abouts are you from mate? Sure I've seen your car!

I actually live near Chorley at the moment so I'm usually round there, I've got a white 98 spec :) the glanza in my profile pic is my old one

Edited by Maaximuus

I actually live near Chorley at the moment so I'm usually round there, I've got a white 98 spec :) the glanza in my profile pic is my old one

Ah, not sure probably seen you about 😂 My mate lives in Chorley so Ime there quite often, Ile keep a look out for you 👍

Ah sweet, what's he got?

Hes got a few cars tbh, youd of probably seen his Mrs' old mini going about, light blue with white and black vinyl patches

He did used to have a GT a few years back

Edited by Ryanc6

Hes got a few cars tbh, youd of probably seen his Mrs' old mini going about, light blue with white and black vinyl patches

He did used to have a GT a few years back

Hmm can't say I've seen that lol, another one to keep an eye out for!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update!

Firstly cheers to Maaximuss, Managed to meet up and sold him the Meisters off the silver V!
Onto the build...
Some goodies arrived late last week; The new turbo kit :) .
A612D747-0E69-48CF-8D97-8CEBDF980A17_zps2BA84A1E-095E-40C9-8630-2E729E01534E_zps

Zirox ceramic coated Zisco Ramhorn manifold with a custom Garrett GT2554R. Hopefully i should see some decent power whilst keeping lag to a minimum!

Should be removing the engine from the Silver glanza some time next week, from there its off for a recon and hopefully some headwork to take it to stage 3 +.
OEM LSD box will also be going in for a rebuild at some point, If anyone can reccomend anyone preferably in the north west please let me know :thumbsup: .

• 2 weeks later...

Few more little bits to add.

Still not got round to removing the engine from the silver car :sad:. off to Japshow at the weekend(sadly without the car) so hopefully it will be next weekend!

In the meantime i managed to get hold of this;
92091C62-206D-4AFD-B7C8-13E7C2939514_zps

Zisco Plenum high flow inlet manifold to go with the zisco exhaust manifold :p

Also picked up a tripple core civic rad with brackets.
0EE65DD8-3281-4E40-87E7-D4DDBD1B994C_zps

Now on with discussing ECU options, I have an emanage blue here with the loom but idealy looking to go for something a little more 'advanced' if budget will allow me :)