Dash lights, number plate lights, 1 brake light and 1 sidelight stopped working at the same time.

As title says, they've all stopped working, but at the same time? All fuses look good, and it wasn't too long ago I checked and cleaned up most earths. Could I have missed one? Had a new battery not long ago, and is reading correct voltages when ignition is off and running.

Also recently wired up 3 gauges, not sure if that could have affected it somehow?

Any help is appreciated, cheers!

UPDATE.

Spent a little time on it today, removed and inspected all fuses, stripped sheathing from engine bay fuse box wiring and inspected it all, took out centre console plastics and plastics underneath steering wheel and checked all wiring and earths there to find no faults.

But now none of the dash lights are working (handbrake, oil, abs etc) when the ignition is on, and also my aftermarket gauges don't work? 😡 The car starts and runs fine!

I checked battery voltage and is reading 12ish volts when not running, but still only reading 12 volts when it is running.

Could a faulty alternator be causing this? Or a possible brake/fault in a circuit somewhere sound abit more logical?

Really pulling my hair out now!!

Thanks in advance for any help, cheers!

While running should be around 14.5volts

You need to check voltage at the back of the alt to see if the output is the same as at the battery.

Edited by lukEp
  • 2 weeks later...