From boat to train (?) Starlet EP70 1E-L -> 4EFE (?)

On 16-10-2017 19:34:20, Teun said:

On 12-10-2017 22:27:48, Teun said:

Update time! Excuse the quotes above, i cant delete them on my phone for some reason...

Got the car running. The wheelbearlings happen to be shot. Had them replaced and drove the car tot the first time yesterday. To bad it was slippery in the road.

Realy glad i went with the 5efe instead of the 4efe. It rips pretty Nice! :)

Now i need new mot and they have to check the car and change the papers so it says 5efe on it.

Realy stoked! Cant wait to test it on a track next year!

Edit: i'll be sure to add some vids once i have some spare time.

Edited by Teun
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please help, the car idles to high, this is the last thing to solve for mot. 

I replaced the iacv (had ons laying around) no difference

If i disconnect the vacuum sensor it idles fine, could it be defect? 

Spraying the bay with deo does not effect the idle so i don't expect it to be a vacuum leak.

Thanks for advice

Edited by Teun

Idle control valve to the vaccuum? You can get away with just disassembling them and cleaning them, but to be fair, not needed for an MOT anyway, just makes it harder to start in the colder climates, but could unplug it for the MOT and worry about it later.

Great work on this by the way.

Edited by Calum122
On 24-12-2017 23:12:15, Stu said:

Base timing can also greatly effect isle speed. Have you set the distributor to base 10 degrees while in diagnostoc mode?

Did not check the timing, tbh i have never messed with the timing. I suspect the pcv, if i remove it and block the line it idles around 1000. With it attached it idles around 1200.

by the way. I have a efi ignition based system, not a distributor.

On 24-12-2017 22:20:01, Calum122 said:

Idle control valve to the vaccuum? You can get away with just disassembling them and cleaning them, but to be fair, not needed for an MOT anyway, just makes it harder to start in the colder climates, but could unplug it for the MOT and worry about it later.

Great work on this by the way.

Thanks! When i replaced it i cleaned it so i do not suspect this to be the problem.

Edited by Teun

Hi Teun I used to have problems with a high idle aswell, turned out there is a vacuum line which originaly runs from the throttle body to a sensor on the power steering rack and then to the inlet manifold and I had looped this line because I dont have power steering, but it should be blocked. This reduced my idle with about 3-400 rpm. If you need help you can send me a PM 

7 hours ago, maerijn said:

Hi Teun I used to have problems with a high idle aswell, turned out there is a vacuum line which originaly runs from the throttle body to a sensor on the power steering rack and then to the inlet manifold and I had looped this line because I dont have power steering, but it should be blocked. This reduced my idle with about 3-400 rpm. If you need help you can send me a PM 

On 16-10-2017 19:34:20, Teun said:

This causes the problem, i did the same thing, looping them. Mine has 2 on the throttle body tough. Any advice on were to get the caps?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Teun