Keep my tf035 or go TD04L?

Let me know your opinions guys i like the tf035 atm running at 1 bar but im itchinh towards td04. Have all supporting mods but im running Jam ecu not emanage.

Main reason for debate is that i have a wepr td04 ramhorn kit coming from sacha in a few weeks and td04 has been on my mind for a while

Edited by wakeabby14

Ya tfo stock tdo4 for the forged boost pressure's most will be on stock engines tfo is best turbo around for stock engines 1bar or there about, tfo 19 t ya it is the same size almost as a ct12b with ct9b turbine shaft

Ok will probs stick with the TF035 and sell my TD04L cheers guys!

Edited by wakeabby14

You have given me a bit to think about cheers for that guys, what spring do you recon i should run in my ewg? I dont have an electronic boost controller so shall i just run a 1 bar spring all the time or be safe get a 0.8 bar spring and get a manual boost controller and do it that way? Also do you guys all run water and oil lines on your turbos as i only run my tf035hm on oil lines as a few people have said the water lines just cook your engine with all the extra heat?

Edited by wakeabby14

You have given me a bit to think about cheers for that guys, what spring do you recon i should run in my ewg? I dont have an electronic boost controller so shall i just run a 1 bar spring all the time or be safe get a 0.8 bar spring and get a manual boost controller and do it that way? Also do you guys all run water and oil lines on your turbos as i only run my tf035hm on oil lines as a few people have said the water lines just cook your engine with all the extra heat?

You should buy an ebc 0.8 spring imo and I would run waterlines. This is why you buy decent gauge's to save your engine if temps and boost get too high

You should buy an ebc 0.8 spring imo and I would run waterlines. This is why you buy decent gauge's to save your engine if temps and boost get too high

Cheers gainzy lad will get the water lines sorted and do a little saving and get the ebc, i.have wanted an ebc for ages anyway! Thanks bud

Let me know your opinions guys i like the tf035 atm running at 1 bar but im itchinh towards td04. Have all supporting mods but im running Jam ecu not emanage.

Main reason for debate is that i have a wepr td04 ramhorn kit coming from sacha in a few weeks and td04 has been on my mind for a while

stick with the tf035 ,,,upgrade to the 6cm back end if you dont already run it

from what you stated, this seems to be the better turbo for you.

stick with the tf035 ,,,upgrade to the 6cm back end if you dont already run it

from what you stated, this seems to be the better turbo for you.

I dont really have the time to rebuild my TF035hm as im always working and dont have another car as my glanza is the daily, so im probs going to go TD04 now as im not too bothered about later spooling i want to feel the top end power of the TD. I really appreciate all the inputs from you guys i have made my decision!

Depends where you drive and how you drive.

Id go back to my TF035 if I still had it.

I ran my TF on non forged engine and got full boost at about 3.5k rpm at 1.1 bar

I am now forged with TD04 and its full boost at 4.2k rpm at 1.4 bar

Id sooner go back to TF035 and sacrifice a few bhp and the difference in lag is mega.

Its annoying boosting around town with a TD04 as you got to wind it up and when you do it can come on too hard, the TF was much smoother around town

• 2 months later...

You can't get the full potential of the TD04 on a stock engine especially from a plug n play if I could go back I'd go TD04L only because I want to go forge if you want a town car ct9 hybrid ot depends on how you drive