terrible mileage on my ep91 glanza (1/2 tank gave me 140km) need help!!!

hey my glanza is literally drinking fuel my o2 sensor is plugged out. i recently bought it so havent done much. it has a tdo4 turbo running around 10psi with custom manifold, ported intake, 4age gearbox, copper clutch along with other small mods. i need any help i can get to solve this awful mpg.

hey my glanza is literally drinking fuel my o2 sensor is plugged out. i recently bought it so havent done much. it has a tdo4 turbo running around 10psi with custom manifold, ported intake, 4age gearbox, copper clutch along with other small mods. i need any help i can get to solve this awful mpg.

Sounds about right to me, i run a TF035 turbo and i only get about 200 miles out of a tank and i dont even drive it hard

you need to be more precice

full tank drive it till its empty then come back with the accurate km done on full tank

as these gauges are way of when mine reads empty i still have 160km to go before i need jerrycan !!!!

my tank was exactly half way filled when i check and i only drove 139kms

also guys i need help with rewiring the 02 sensors since glanza's have 2 wire o2 sensors i cant pick that up where i live but i have single wire ones, i was looking at the ep91 ecu pinout and was wondering if i can run a wire directly from the ecu to the 02 sensor? will this work? check link http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rosKml3sFaQ/TtA4VNXh7bI/AAAAAAAAATg/jW-wiYdSmIo/s1600/EP91+ECU+PINOUT.jpg%C2%A0

Best to fill up till the pump clicks off, do a good amount of kms 150-200 or so. Fill back up to the 1st click on the pump and make a note of the amount of liters you put in and the distance travelled.

From that point you can then work out a fairly accurate mpg reading. (or ltrs/100kms if youd prefer)

mpg is worked out

ltrs/4.5 = approx gallons used.

Then divide kms diven by gallons used.

So for example

30ltrs/4.5=6.6gl

200kms/6.6 =30kpg (or 18mpg)

As colin said the gauge can read miles out. Park on a hill, throw it around a corner accelerate or brake heavily and the gauge moves.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

oh i also smell petrol in the exhaust fumes not heavy though but i still think its not alot for it drinking that much fuel. i had a look at the fuel pump yesterday took it out and the tank was a bit pressurized, so i think it rules out a leakage in the gas tank. I just turned 17 so I have limited cash to spend on fuel so all advice will be much appreciated.

Sort the o2 sensor out, then id look at your intake temp sensor and coolant temp sensor if it thinks things are at different temperatures it can cause over fueling.

Not sure on the proper procedure for testing the temp sensor but im sure someone will

Sort the o2 sensor out, then id look at your intake temp sensor and coolant temp sensor if it thinks things are at different temperatures it can cause over fueling.

Not sure on the proper procedure for testing the temp sensor but im sure someon

i took a look at those, everything seems ok but i will have to figure out a way to test them out tomorrow.

• 3 months later...
15 minutes ago, federalman said:

That is quite bad, and I don't run a lambda on mine! In all seriousness they aren't that economical with a TD04 or bigger.

15 minutes ago, federalman said:

That is quite bad, and I don't run a lambda on mine! In all seriousness they aren't that economical with a TD04 or bigger.

You are way of with that answer its 1 of the most feul efficient out there