• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overdue service

Not my normal choice of oil but it's good quality and seeing as its in stock form at the moment I thought it won't hurt.

So. castrol gtx 10w40 A3/before part synthetic.

Mann oil filter

And ngk brk6e plugs

Came to £36 in total

While I was pulling the plugs discovered they were Denso tough iridiums, decided to leave them out as they're not really beneficial to a stock setup.

Indexed the new ngk while I was at it too.

Forgot how much of a pain it was to get the oil filter off with the AC pump and powersteering pump still in place.

v6q8o3.jpg

Cheers guys

On a good note I got the clutch done before the weekend came.

Original clutch was fucked,replaced with an exedy oem replacement.

Also replaced all the transmission fluid while I was at it, although I need to do the Driveshaft seals now as they got a little damaged

• 4 months later...

Been a while since I've updated this so il give a blast. Brought some coilovers before Christmas from idworkz. Got them fitted ASAP. Car felt too hard after fitting but after a week or two they soften up nicely. And just recently I've changed the tmic for an fc rx7 unit painted black also.

Sits much better now though

20 minutes ago, jimmymac101 said:

Nice update mate, deffo sitting better now! Bet it make you miss the white one more? 

James 

Yeah definitely J

Wish I never sold it! 

Dont even know where it is now last I heard was in Chelmsford somewhere 

8 hours ago, Gainzy said:

Work meister s1 2 piece in gold with polished lip next? Pimp daddy's! What's next?

Too Stance nation bro! :) I wanted konig hypergrams but can't afford anything atm. 

I wanna just concentrate on making the car feel nice to drive. 

Thinking of rose jointing track rod ends, making Bump steer+roll centre kit and just going over bushes 

• 4 weeks later...

Just ordered new ball joints and tyres(nankang ns2r) getting wheels refurbished next week. 

Also had goose chase trying to find why my boot was filling with water. Turns out the seams under both rear lights had popped and the water was running down and seeping through. Sorted now 

• 1 month later...

Wheels are refreshed on the car with new stickies. 

New ball joints on

Ordered new track rod ends and panhard rod. Ready for setup. 

Just need to figure out where the knocking is coming from, just hope it's n ot 4 month old bc coilovers 

Edited by maddox710
Add picture
9 hours ago, Mike84 said:

Looks really clean 8)

You must have bought better gold reflective tape than me as mine doesn't stick worth a crap .

keep up the work 

Cheers Mike. Just the usual DEI stuff and it was sat in the cold garage for about 4 years before hand. I just ipa wiped over the hole thing before just to get any oils off so it can stick adhere well 

• 4 weeks later...

The stock panhard rod is so shit haha I'm surprised you didn't go for a better spec clutch. I'm enjoying the simplicity of it all I plan on buying a daily in the future go old plug n plays n that. I'm very happy you got centre caps haha

• 2 months later...

First year of ownership on this one has pasted and second service was performed. Still not put my bucket seat in can't find a driver rail for it. Also I've noticed my steering rack might be dying, but il cross that bridge later.