Waterpump locks up in housing

As the title states my water pump is locking up within the housing.

The waterpump is a brand new aisin pump and I have 2 of them and they both have the same issue. The old pump that is being replaced is a gmb pump.

I ordered another housing of eBay and when received it also had a gmb pump and once again the aisin pumps will not fit.

I know people have come across this issue befor as I have found old threads with the same thing happening but there is never an answer to how they overcame the problem.

I can't seem to find an actual part number on the gmb pumps that relate to anything I can find listed for sale anywhere.

The only difference I know of between the pumps available for E series engines is the offset of the pulley on bolt and press type pumps.

Was there also an offset change on the impeller?

Any help on this matter would be massively appreciated as this is the only part stopping me putting the engine back in the car.

Pics

New pump

DSC_0728.jpg

Old pump

DSC_0727.jpg

DSC_0730.jpg

Old vs new

DSC_0731.jpg

DSC_0736.jpg

DSC_0735.jpg

DSC_0734.jpg

DSC_0733.jpg

DSC_0732.jpg

Housing. You can see where the pump catches

DSC_0737.jpg

DSC_0738.jpg

there is 2 different pump housings, i came across this issue in the past, just ordered the other pump type

you can and i mean its up to you.. hit the protruding part and it will go down further which ill allow it to clear the housing..

i have done this before also just to see if it was a manufacturer error, it works, but not recomended

Edited by goldenvtr

Just a little update.

I ended up putting the part num into amazon and got a kavo pump with housing off there, luckily enough my aisin pump that I've already sprayed the pulley on fits perfectly with this housing. also the aisin gasket feels much higher quality that the kavo one.

cheers for the help everyone.