newbie question on turbo actuator manual boost adjustment

noob question here :sad:

i read from one topic that to manually adjust boost, its either you lengthen or shorten the actuator rod length. longer = less boost / shorter = more boost.

i dont have a electronic boost controller. :bad:

how far can i safely shorten the rod on a stock ct9b turbo? what else need to be adjusted to accommodate the extra boost?

i run a stock 1st gen 4E-FTE engine on c56 LSD transmission on an AE92 corolla.

thanks

You'll need an adjustable actuator which allows you to shorten it, and then best to get a boost gauge to see what your actually boosting at.

Ct9 should take 1 bar no problem ( although I say that and my ct9 lasted 3 months at 1 bar before the oil seals went) haha

You'll need an adjustable actuator which allows you to shorten it, and then best to get a boost gauge to see what your actually boosting at.

Ct9 should take 1 bar no problem ( although I say that and my ct9 lasted 3 months at 1 bar before the oil seals went) haha

took your advice, sir!

got an HKS adjustable actuator, and a boost gauge for that :) Will be taking it to a tuner to do the proper installation :thumbsup:

also, i am planning on an FMIC + td04 upgrade. i hope to add some HP since the ae92 body is heavier than the starlet :(

cheers!