How to SOLVE the UNDERSTEER PLAGUE of Starlets

This is what worked for me guys hard setup upfront and softer at the rear.okay had stiffer springs allround,then swapped rear for softer springs ,it solved the understeer,i actually swapped the rear were too hard on my back especially country roads(on top what the guy told me were original springs for rear new,they werent were mushy soft kind of like a slinky toy,but there was a flipside).I've had the stock tyre sizes and wider tyres,worked on both,but again many factors involved you do get slight(minute) understeer but its learning the feel of the car,like camber of road,bumpy road,uphill down hill,muddy wet, weight shift ,too much power going in or how quick you turn in(basically managing weight shift),grip of tyre (I've run the stock yokos bald maximum attack foot down,no thread left ,thats when i got understeer),but you dont get the scary understeer these things have,there is a tendency of lift off oversteer if you aggressive,but basically i manage subconsciously.its predictable,even with no thread left on certain tyres which is how i wanted to get my skills and reactions up,a little unpredictability.

Without getting too technical ,you can liftoff ,turn in turn out,left foot slightly,although liftoff and turning the steering out and back in the turn.you know you have to be one with the car,its like riding a bike you turn perfectly,then when you learn about turning countersteering you actually turn left to lean right at speeds above 15mph on a bike(you learn this in emergency drills)but you do it instinctively,when you do it consciously it gets weird at first.

What i am saying is basically findout the limits of your baby at different scenarios or situations so will help your skills.

its all about the corners .check this out ,and this starlet is beating a gtr ,and does it on corners not possible if it was understeering.

I had to share my 2cents of limited experience and knowledge,would love to hear all your idears in improving handling especially UNDERSTEER.

THIS VIDEO IS MORE INTERESTING THAN MY RAMBLINGS,AND ITS POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO AND HANDLING NOT CRAZY POWER.STOCK POWER N/A STARLET WITH BASIC MODS YOU CAN DO IN A DAY FASTER THAN GTR.GET THE HANDLING RIGHT THESE CARS ARE FUN AND I KNOW I CAN DRIVE MINE BEYOND ITS LIMITS AND SOME.anyone can put his foot down in a straight line few are wired to drop a gear and maximum attack corners.

>http://<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s5FMshSjpjM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I do like when folk get real excited about a subject so I'll try not to be negative.

Great enthusiasm 👌 Keep up your quest for neutral handling

Phil

Edited by Phil

Guys my under steer is not bad I'm.but I'm not excited ,I was trying to be humble and not say I'm a natural plus I wanted to share knowledge.so give and receive universal law.hey Collins go yo my gearbox thread and tell me what gearbox I have !I&#39;ve posted pics.plus I'm addicted to corners I can't help it i go mad.I know I need an intervention guys.but all I'm saying yeah the understeer is a design safety so you can learn throttle control on limit .but like I said with illegal no thread stock skinny 165/70/13 I'm telling you skills went off the scale and you put a crash wall inches from the side mirror and then get under over steer everything ,it gives you the reactions for sure.mad skills ,but bad for pocket and especially if small things make you sleepless on your car like small leaks and small stuff.been but I'm hey handle and they handle for sure.check the video.I'm actually the calmest on the limit.basically after no riding 2 years you drive it like a motorcycle.all I'm saying before you add this mod and that mod add reactions skills and muscle memory.it takes skills beating faster cars with your stocky n/a starlet especially in its element of mediumish traffic and tight bends and just patience of changing lanes .that's all who said I'm excited .I need no tips on driving only mechanicals.

All im saying before you do anything know limits of your car and increase skill,skill is also worn tyres completely worn pads and a wet road.especially mud where now you will learn about momentum and throttle control finesse or several crashes cursing and crying my baby ,although the later never happened because I love my baby and there's a method to my madness.left or no left foot braking skills and practise.

• 2 weeks later...