Spec Stage 3 or competition clutch stage 3

As above whats best for daily driving a td04 glanza 240bhp ish spec stage 3 (6 puck) or stage 3 competition clutch (full face) didn't want anything real snappy that would be a pain to drive in traffic etc, cheers

My experience with the Spec unit was terrible, the worst clutch I have ever had. Jerky, grabs when you dont want it to, difficult to get into gear, sometimes impossible. It ruined my car, made it horrible to drive as it was like hitting fuel cut when releasing the clutch pedal. I would avoid.

The competition unit I have no experience of.

Hm interesting cheers for the reply I was leaning towards the CC full face but TD advised me the spec 6 puck wasn't very snappy and almost like a full face so was considering that as well

Found somewhere in uk with them but at £465 + delivery think I'd rather just get the orc if was spending that & yea mate i was looking at the excedy organic as some people said that would be fine for around 250bhp (and I want a full face) but seemed the Competition Clutch spec 3 was gonna be a better option but not sure now!

If i was going all out right now and forging the engine etc I would defo get the orc but seeing as it's going to stay around 250bhp max for a little while can't really justify getting one at the moment!

Found somewhere in uk with them but at £465 + delivery think I'd rather just get the orc if was spending that & yea mate i was looking at the excedy organic as some people said that would be fine for around 250bhp (and I want a full face) but seemed the Competition Clutch spec 3 was gonna be a better option but not sure now!

Have you got a link?

We had a couple of issues with Starlet Comp Clutch kit years ago however they've been 100% successful recently. I don't recall any issues with the last 40+ kits we've sold, maybe more. As Ryan said Comp Clutch offers a very good service so even those that did have issues were replaced with no quibble.

The Stage 3 isn't a paddle clutch so it's nice to drive with compared to a paddle clutch. The Stage 4 is a 6 PUK Paddle but still nicer to drive with than some others on the market.

I won't say anything about the Spec clutch other than do a search on here to get an idea of how frequently they fail. A lot of our customers have bought Comp Clutch kits to replace their broken Spec clutches.