Which Orc 309 model is "silent"

Can anyone tell me what the model number of the silent orc 309 clutch is or link me to a website (other than rhdjapan) that sells them, seen they have orc 309's on nengun but not sure if the silent model, cheers

Haha what does it sound like, some people said sounds like somethings wrong with the car?& yeah I'm set on getting one now after a lot of research!

Edited by Zak.p

Haha what does it sound like, some people said sounds like somethings wrong with the car?& yeah I'm set on getting one now after a lot of research!

It does sound like it's broken but the feeling it gives out weighs the noise

They're both (noisy and silent) called the 309D, but the actual part code for the silent says 309DS.

Here is the silent type 309D on RHDJapan: https://www.rhdjapan.com/orc-309d-silent-single-plate-metal-clutch-kit-ep82-ep91.html

I must admit I do love my jangling clutch though haha. It does attract some funny looks at times it must be said, and it sounds really loud once in an enclosed space (such as a shared driveway between two semi-detached houses), so be aware of that.

Edit: On buying the clutch from RHDJapan, I know it can be steep and you may be waiting a bit of time, but I honestly have no qualms about dealing with them. No-one really seems to stock the Ogura Starlet clutches over here anyway.

Sweet thanks! On nengun the 309D is 520 ish and if u scroll right down it shows a 309DS code that suits glanza for 550 ish that states it comes with sleeve and bearing but doesn't say silent?? Is this the silent model or the 309DS just the code for it with the sleeve and bearing?

https://www.nengun.com/orc/309-series-single-plate-clutch-300ps

I've got a silent one on mine, pretty certain the only real difference is a set of springs to stop the plates jangling about. The plates are machined to accept the springs too I guess.

It is silent though.

a friend of mine runs one in his ep82...the noisy one...he has had it for years now and its held up quite well to this day.

for sure when you press the clutch it makes a very "metallic" sound which always attracts the attention of those closeby (pedestrians and drivers in traffic...lol)

i personally dont like the noise, but you have options in that area and its a personal preference....and also, imo, it feels a bit on the racey/stiff side, but still drive-able if you can live with that

apart from those things, its a quality clutch and i'd recommend it if your budget can afford.

I run a silent type and it only really gives a small jingle when you rev the engine! Idle is completely silent! When you change gear you get a small jingle aswell but nothing major!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run a silent type and it only really gives a small jingle when you rev the engine! Idle is completely silent! When you change gear you get a small jingle aswell but nothing major!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this i could live with ...lol