2ee to 4efte conversion running rich black plugs and smoke

Yo yo,

Need some help finishing off my project and think it could be wiring related.

So converted a 2ee na to 4efte using the original loom but converted for coil pack and clip on dizzy /leads.

The car starts and drives fine when it's cold however when it warms up it starts running rich and black smoke comes out back on idle.

Spoke to colin briefly who said it could be temp sensor of which I checked and hooked up.

When I was looking the 2ee loom had 2 pins the one to ecu and one I think is live as when I bridged it first it would blow fuses?? The 4efte sensor is single wire so I'm not sure what this one is for?

I did think it may of been the lamda and also air intake THA sensor as they were the only faults registered on the diagnostics. Think I've sorted the lamda issue out now and the THA fault (24) won't stop the engine running right from past experience.

Also if I switch the car off once it's warmed up it won't start again until the next day. I'm currently flushing the faults by leaving the ecu disconnected but all in all the wiring looks ok just what's people's thoughts? I had this engine running prior to install so know everything is ok with it.

Last thing when i look at the timing when it's hot and bridged for diag mode it seems the timing is jumping around a bit.

Any ideas guys?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

the engine would run normal ish ofboost without the air intake sensor i ran so for a while disconnected because sensor was broken

ecu temp sensor i would be looking at as if that's dodgy its a cunt to run

timin jumping could be custom wiring issue you have done or dodgy dizzy

Could be pulley but there solid so don't think the jumping is from that

Get a timing disk and find your true tdc and mark it or check

Put wires on the terminals for sensor connected to multimeter and trow in ketel that's how I test

I'm sure some of the lads will know the spec of the sensor so they might reply

Yuh cool will do them tests but now I'm at a total loss where I've lost all spark and can't get the focker started now. Went over all wires, ecu, timing, dizzy so thinking something custom has come loose. Will let you know once I've got it sorted. ..again

Right car is sorted and running again however still rich.

I've tested the sensor and it reads

2.29 off car

1.85 body temp

0.20 in a boiling pan.

Does anyone know what the range should be?

I think the sensor looks ok so is it possible there's a broken wire somewhere to the ecu, would I be safe to make a slit to get a reading the ecu end?

Posted Image

Managed to find the range and the sensor is working 100% even traced all the wires to and from the ecu.

Really stuck here guys car is running rich and can't drive it at all.

Have looked at:

Ecu

Ect sensor

Plugs

Wiring

All that's left to workout is if it could b related to some rogue wiring left over from 2ee setup??

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/106810-sensors-on-water-housing/#entry1219562

Posted ImagePosted Image

Yuh I'm literally testing each sensor but I know they should b ok as they all ran prior to installment.

Just checkling map over now. Gives me:

5v input

4.5v signal disconnected

Good ground

Then 2.6v signal connected.

Go's up to 4v with pressure injected

Only diff is starting voltage between my 2 maps I'm trying with.

Will look at ait next...

Ok so had another look today with the zf logger running and noticed that the ecu believes the engine is running full lean .

So when I looked closer saw (and remembered) that the 2e engine ran a 2 wire lamda as opposed to a gt's single.

So question is what to do with the brown one?

Do I bridge it to an earth and run the single wire lamda it swap in a 2 wire lambda?Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

All sorted boys. Was the lamda sensor that was causing the issue (odd cause that lamda worked fine in my gt).

Anyway swapped it out for a 4 wire one and used the existing cabling for the signal and ground then even wired up a harness for the heater and now all is running as expected thank fook.

Thanks to TrisK for the wiring diagrams and as always colin for input knowledge and guidance

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image