2ee to 4efte conversion running rich black plugs and smoke

chaps im still running mega rich. im literally getting less then 20 miles on 5 litres of fuel (shocker).

ive ran the diagnostics and got the output here if you want to look over it - https://efiles.jerseypost.com/link/SnSM8hroYFhQ83qsrZ4AmD

compared it with my diag from my 5efhte and cant see much variation but someone might have a keener eye for stats then i do.

any ideas now?

revised nearly everything:

- map (tried 2)

- rotor arm (tried 2)

- dizzy cap (tried 2)

- magnecor leads (and standard ones)

- swapped coil pack

- gone over wiring

- timing

- tested ECT sensor

- lambda sensor

havent looked at TPS yet however it reads on the logger the same as my 5e with -- null

So its definitely still running rich? Or driving fine but using stacks of fuel? What do the spark plugs look like? Tried another ecu?

Yuh tried 2 ecu and 2 sets of iridium heat 6 plugs.

The car runs lumpy, I can bring the turbo in slowly and it's ok ish however if I try to just open the throttle it bogs down and puffs out black smoke.

Since its over fueling use some standard BKR6e plugs - cheap and much more forgiving.

So is the ecu OBD1 data still saying lean? Not running a piggy back or anything on it? FCD?

Edited by Stu

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/106810-sensors-on-water-housing/#entry1219562

I just had a look at the link you had in one of your earlier posts - that's a cold start injector and the 4e ecu doesn't run one so don't connect it. The reason the starter turns when you put 12v to that plug is that the old 2e used the cold start injector only when the starter is cranking and its wired into the STA circuit. So by powering that plug up its powering both that injector and the starter. There is a sensor on the thermstat housing that is supposed to only allow that injector to operate when the water is below a certain temp. Hopefully you don't have any of that wired up with the 4e ecu...

Edited by Stu

Since its over fueling use some standard BKR6e plugs - cheap and much more forgiving.

So is the ecu OBD1 data still saying lean? Not running a piggy back or anything on it? FCD?

Will source some diff plugs.

No piggyback or fcd just std fuel and management.

Check out the spreadsheet in the link it's got the lamda reading in there

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/106810-sensors-on-water-housing/#entry1219562

I just had a look at the link you had in one of your earlier posts - that's a cold start injector and the 4e ecu doesn't run one so don't connect it. The reason the starter turns when you put 12v to that plug is that the old 2e used the cold start injector only when the starter is cranking and its wired into the STA circuit. So by powering that plug up its powering both that injector and the starter. There is a sensor on the thermstat housing that is supposed to only allow that injector to operate when the water is below a certain temp. Hopefully you don't have any of that wired up with the 4e ecu...

Yuh nothing is connected but good info none the less. Cheers

Haha you tart.

Yuh rich stink

Ive had a look at your logs, and im not really sure how to read them

although if it smells fuelly, then its probbably running rich. do you think its any better/worse since changing the lamda wiring?

or did that just stop it from saying lean, depsite running rich

^^^^^^ that bank 2 20% lean is from the sensor behind the cat i think bank 1 is the o2 sensor before the cat and bank 2 lambda after cat

try fitting the 4efte labda sensor i bet it will go away to normal as most people dont run lambda 2 sensor and it will show a lean condition

how ever it does not alter your feuling attal that isseu is something else

@ POST 21