Polymer or OEM bushes

Aup fellas,

Hope you all had a splendid weekend.

My car is starting to make creaking noises when turning and I've noticed my steering wheel judders alot. Being a 150k mile car, wear and tear parts need replacing. I have now replaced the shot suspension and my attention has turned to the bushes.

Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with replacing their bushes?

Was it OEM or Polymer (powerflex) or both and how did they perform?

How hard were they to replace? I know these can be a little tricky to get in. Are there any tips when replacing them.

Many thanks

Oh right, that's encouraging then. Nice one mate.

Am I right in thinking that this is the complete bush set for a Glanza?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-STARLET-GLANZA-V-1-3-TURBO-4EFTE-FULL-POLY-BUSH-KIT-POWERFLEX-SUPERPRO-/141843084036?epid=1488950686&hash=item210681b304:g:pJEAAOSwgmJXyWWl

Thanks

Yes that's the correct kit :)

I'd say OEM bushes, remember that aftermarket items require more service maintenance and require to be greased up from time to time.

I also found SuperPro grease was like water, powerflex grease is much better.

I'd say OEM bushes, remember that aftermarket items require more service maintenance and require to be greased up from time to time.

I also found SuperPro grease was like water, powerflex grease is much better.

My Glanzlet was fully polybushed front to back engine included, when it was sat ticking over the noise was like a Skeleton wanking in a bikkie tin. Bit jerky taking off in 1st but it had an exedy racing clutch too that didn't help. Once your on the move it was a good tight ride.

The GT is sat now with factory bushes front to back apart from the one poly mount on the engine, it was forced upon it when the factory mount broke. I've the other 2 box polys here and will be fitting them too aswell as the rest of the car.

Suspension setup in the GT is a good bit softer than the Glanzlet and that helps comfort too

Just replacing them as we speak guys... How do I remove the bushes from the arms? Shall I just hack the fuckr off? Or are they split like polymer ones?

Edited by Shyam

Off topic, but where did you get that lip?

Yup, SKINY is right, it's a Laguna Spliiter...tidy fit aswel

Ended up hacking, drilling and blow torching the old bushes off over the weekend. Bit of a messy task but damn what a difference it makes to the handing!