Stripped out rear with audio

The sub I've chosen is only an 8 inch one so it won't be like your usual Halfords 12 inch fucker in a box that weighs as much as another rear axle. I also don't have any rear interior so no parcel shelf for speakers, I'm putting speakers and tweeters into the rear quarters. I just need ideas where to put my sub without it looking too out of place

Yeah mate.

I got this

p8.jpg?ct=f8065ec47415

Then made a false floor and mounted a couple of speakers in boxes to it.

yeah it's weight, but it's weight over the rear lol.

That isn't my car, but it's two punchy little subs that sit in the spare wheel well.

Edited by Calum122

That looks quite smart in with the spare wheel. No use to me though as i have nothing at all in the back lol.
I've found some nice JL audio subs i think will fit behind the front seats without interfering with the seat sliding backwards and forwards.
I'll keep having a play with them and mock up the boxes for them. Heres how the back of the car looks now.
post-14959-0-63862900-1502660286.jpg

post-14959-0-63862900-1502660286.jpg

That looks quite smart in with the spare wheel. No use to me though as i have nothing at all in the back lol.

I've found some nice JL audio subs i think will fit behind the front seats without interfering with the seat sliding backwards and forwards.

I'll keep having a play with them and mock up the boxes for them. Heres how the back of the car looks now.

attachicon.gif20624599_10207734535881338_2102210094_n.jpg

So yes mate, I don't have a spare either (weight) but it still goes in the spare wheel well.

So you use the existing threaded section to secure it.

Don't run any audio these days but when I had my hilux I had underseat subs (obviously only a pick up bed at the back) and they were brilliant in a small cab, vibing through the seats lol

So yes mate, I don't have a spare either (weight) but it still goes in the spare wheel well.

So you use the existing threaded section to secure it.

Have you hidden the wires to it under carpet or something or do they just run along the boot floor to it?

Personally, don't see the point stripping a car out then putting a sub in it. Not the type of car for all that rubbish

I prefer the look of it stripped out. My rear bench was bent in half after a crash and the plastics were pretty shitty too. I haven't done it for the weight reduction.

Don't run any audio these days but when I had my hilux I had underseat subs (obviously only a pick up bed at the back) and they were brilliant in a small cab, vibing through the seats lol

I don't I'll be able to get an amp under the seat but not much else lol, Don't remember there being much room under them!

If you look at pics of my car from about 8 years back you'll see that we removed the rear seats, put a 15 inch (I think, cant remember) sub into the spare wheel well and put a false floor in the boot and rear seat area. The amp was mounted to the false floor in the boot and we put 6x9s into the rear inner door cards.

All told it was pretty neat and tidy.

Its not to everyones tastes as is obvious above, but if music is an important part of your day/drive, then no reason you cant do it, not like the car hasnt got a turbo to pull the weight, but again, opinions and analogies to bodily orifices and all that shit.

Have at it I say.

Phil.

The one I had under my seat had a built in amp and was flat (ish) maybe not beefy enough for what you're after though. Alpine iirc

I think I'll get an amp under the seat but not much else. I've found a nice sub box that will sit perfectly behind the passenger seat :)