Oil cooler

Depends what temperature it should be running at? I've had over 100degs oil temp after a steady motorway run. Isn't that a bit high?

I would check you got the right sensor in first and make sure the oil sensor or gauge isn't faulty, my oil temp gauge was showing 120 degrees on motorways a while back, thinking this isn't right turned out I had the wrong sensor on the sandwich plate

Surely thinner oil would run hotter?

The viscosity of oil changes with temperature. You'll see the specified on a oil spec sheet, might give the viscosity at 0 degC and again at 100 degC.

The thinner it gets the less oil pressure you get and the more chance of losing bottom end bearings etc.

Stick with a 5w40, Shell Helix is a good oil but there are better out there if you want to do trackdays, Gulf Competition, Fuchs, Millers. Any Ester based oil will last well up to 130 degC and even up to 140 degC before breaking down.

You can use a 10w for summer months, 5w will give better start up protection during colder months.

• 1 month later...

i'm in progress fitting an oil cooler kit in my Glanza but i meet one big problem.

My problem is tha the oil cooler adaptor can't be installed because of the power steering wheel pump.

Is anyboby here with pictures who has installed an oil cooler kit?

Edited by eliasglanza