Everything i need to forge 4EFTE...

Looking at running around 280BHP on a TD04 (19-20PSI) , of course i already know about fueling, mapping ect just all the extra goodies for the main build. I wasn't planning on forging however my bottom end went this morning so no other choice really apart from a new engine but would rather forge it!

Also normal OEM head gasket or 1.4mm athena gasket?

Also do i need valves or am i good with stock?

Let me know guys!

Cheers

Edited by wakeabby14

Buying a second hand block will be cheaper than having a machine shop re hone it

Still need to hone a block when fitting forged pistons anyway.

You'll need to have the valves measured to determine whether they need replacing. Measure the ID of valve guide, and OD of valve, this will give the oil clearance. If it's out of tolerance, replace both.

Still need to hone a block when fitting forged pistons anyway.

You'll need to have the valves measured to determine whether they need replacing. Measure the ID of valve guide, and OD of valve, this will give the oil clearance. If it's out of tolerance, replace both.

I recently just had my head skimmed and rebuilt with new stem seals and all the valves reseating my head gasket went so got it done while it was off. block is getting done at my mates machine shop :)

Edited by wakeabby14