Speeding advice?

So long story short went for food with some friends ended up having a play on the motorway (didn't pass anything was 11pm at night and only 5 miles travelled on motorway) I was in my glanza, there was an s3 & a cupra we all decided to piss about they took off past me over 140+ dangerous I know but we've all done it. I got to 130 and backed off next thing blue lights and I was pulled over. I denied knowing who the people were in the other Cars, it was an undercover BM, this was 3 weeks ago today been told I'm going to court but not heard anything and never got any paperwork or anything to sign? I was read my rights etc and drugs tested so it wasn't like fake police I just thought I would of heard something by now? I know what I did was wrong I don't need people to tell me that, I've never stuck to the speed limit so much in my life since, I was also told anything over 150 is jail time so I have been very lucky. The police also admitted to me that they waited at the services for us to leave because they knew what to expect, bit gutted really because I love driving but my own fault and I'll have to deal with the consequences!

Any advice would be great or similar stories and what happened

A work colleague of mine has been caught at similar speed recently and did not hear from the police for nearly 6 weeks due to forces being stretched at the moment apparently. I wont go into it in detail online but I would expect a short ban but hefty fine. Just be remorseful throughout and it will work in your favour as much as the law allows.

Was it traffic police? Did they get you on camera? Have you admitted anything or signed a statement?

Spend out on a good lawyer, its worth it to keep your license.

I just got points for something last november.

All this shit takes time.

You managed 130 in a Glanza! That's brave indeed. Anything over 30 in my car feels like it's about to fall apart lol.

Joking aside, yeah it wouldn't surprise me if they are clamping down on this lately. I've had close friends experience this before and they literally heard nothing.

It got so bad that they even handed themselves in at the station, for the officers literally to reply with no clue what they were on about. Never called it in I guess.

Are you feeling lucky?

Was it traffic police? Did they get you on camera? Have you admitted anything or signed a statement?

Spend out on a good lawyer, its worth it to keep your license.

I just got points for something last november.

All this shit takes time.

Yeah it was traffic police as far as I'm aware they were in an undercover bm haha yeah they got me on video for 2 miles average 130 but it was also downhill not that it will make any difference. No I didn't have to sign anything this is what I'm confused about I admitted it in the car because I couldn't deny it and when they asked me what engine was in it they didn't believe me lol.

You managed 130 in a Glanza! That's brave indeed. Anything over 30 in my car feels like it's about to fall apart lol.

Joking aside, yeah it wouldn't surprise me if they are clamping down on this lately. I've had close friends experience this before and they literally heard nothing.

It got so bad that they even handed themselves in at the station, for the officers literally to reply with no clue what they were on about. Never called it in I guess.

Are you feeling lucky?

Yeah they said they are clamping down a lot on it and noise complaints round here etc a lot of people have been given section 59s in the past 3 week! Yeah I got 140 downhill but my car was screaming wouldn't advise it lol

Yeah they said they are clamping down a lot on it and noise complaints round here etc a lot of people have been given section 59s in the past 3 week! Yeah I got 140 downhill but my car was screaming wouldn't advise it lol

Ha you're crazy.

I've been to Carlisle and it's absolutely stunning. I suppose there must be some pretty remote locations your way which actually allows you kinda get to those sorts of speeds out of the way of people.

Can't really get away with that down here as it's just too dangerous.

Anything over 100mph on motorway is a ban to the best of my knowledge, the upshot is its just speeding not dangerous driving ect so that goes in your favour 😁

As above get advice and wait it out, and plan ahead for no lisence..... does it affect work?

James

Anything over 100mph on motorway is a ban to the best of my knowledge, the upshot is its just speeding not dangerous driving ect so that goes in your favour 😁

As above get advice and wait it out, and plan ahead for no lisence..... does it affect work?

James

There's not many remote locations round here but the Lake District is good for a good hoon lol. Nah doesn't affect work already looked into that 😔 I feel like they mentioned dangerous driving but suppose I won't know until this letter comes!

Did they do a vehicle check against your name?

Yeah they did, I got drugs tested they did a person check looked over my licence card incase it was fake etc the passenger was an absolute cunt he called me a silly cow etc but I wasn't gonna argue the speed they caught me at lol. They asked what engine my car was and I said 1.3, my cars all legit on insurance anyway but think they were just looking for more to do me for

Doubt they'll let it slide. You'll most likely get a ban and not be able to insure a glanza again. Harsh but the likely outcome

Yeah I know I don't feel hopeful about it like, I haven't been driving 2 year would of been a week after it but not that it would of mattered over 100, just a waiting game I suppose

I'd say ban for at least 6 months and the fine system has just changed, as in it goes on your salary now not a fixed fine. Aynbody doing over a ton is banned, footballer, politician or priest. Never heard so much "shite" in my life as cops not following it up or people handing themselves in. Best of luck with it though yeah!

Based on what you've said. This is what I've found.

Maximum Penalty/Court Guidelines

The information detailed below is by way of a guideline only and does not amount to a specific legal opinion. It does not take into account regional or local variations. If reference is made to a Court Summons, the information supplied is based on the recommended sentencing powers available to Magistrates. However, inevitably Magistrates exercise their discretion in different ways.

If a disqualification is imposed by way of an instant ban for the offence, you will not receive penalty points as well.

Will I be offered a Speed Awareness Court?

Although you can attempt to persuade the Police to offer a speed awareness course, the decision is entirely at their discretion and there is no obligation to offer a course at any stage. Most Police forces will only offer courses to first time offenders or to motorists who have committed a relatively minor offence.

*** If you are offered a speed awareness course and comply with the terms, the following information will not be relevant. ***

Maximum penalty points?

Do I face a driving ban?

Yes.

Will I receive a Court Summons?

Yes.

Can I plead guilty by post?

Although the Summons may indicate that a letter will be accepted, if there is any prospect of disqualification, the Court will reject the letter and demand your attendance on a new date.

Maximum driving ban?

Up to 120 days.

*** Please Note: Your speed is so far in excess of the speed limit that there is also a risk that you will face the charge of dangerous driving (Minimum 1 year ban). ***

Risk of driving licence being revoked under the New Drivers Act?

Yes.

New Drivers Act / Revocation of Driving Licence

Maximum fine?

The fine is means tested up to £2,500 (Motorway).

*** Please Note: Your speed is so far in excess of the speed limit that there is also a risk that you will face the charge of dangerous driving (Unlimited fine). ***

Should I seek legal advice?

Yes, as you face revocation or an instant ban, it makes sense to have the appropriate advice before the hearing.

Based on what you've said. This is what I've found.

Maximum Penalty/Court Guidelines

The information detailed below is by way of a guideline only and does not amount to a specific legal opinion. It does not take into account regional or local variations. If reference is made to a Court Summons, the information supplied is based on the recommended sentencing powers available to Magistrates. However, inevitably Magistrates exercise their discretion in different ways.

If a disqualification is imposed by way of an instant ban for the offence, you will not receive penalty points as well.

Will I be offered a Speed Awareness Court?

Although you can attempt to persuade the Police to offer a speed awareness course, the decision is entirely at their discretion and there is no obligation to offer a course at any stage. Most Police forces will only offer courses to first time offenders or to motorists who have committed a relatively minor offence.

*** If you are offered a speed awareness course and comply with the terms, the following information will not be relevant. ***

Maximum penalty points?

Do I face a driving ban?

Yes.

Will I receive a Court Summons?

Yes.

Can I plead guilty by post?

Although the Summons may indicate that a letter will be accepted, if there is any prospect of disqualification, the Court will reject the letter and demand your attendance on a new date.

Maximum driving ban?

Up to 120 days.

*** Please Note: Your speed is so far in excess of the speed limit that there is also a risk that you will face the charge of dangerous driving (Minimum 1 year ban). ***

Risk of driving licence being revoked under the New Drivers Act?

Yes.

New Drivers Act / Revocation of Driving Licence

Maximum fine?

The fine is means tested up to £2,500 (Motorway).

*** Please Note: Your speed is so far in excess of the speed limit that there is also a risk that you will face the charge of dangerous driving (Unlimited fine). ***

Should I seek legal advice?

Yes, as you face revocation or an instant ban, it makes sense to have the appropriate advice before the hearing.

Thankyou that's kinda what I expected haha I think I'm gonna wait until I get my letter to seek legal advice and see weather that says I'm getting reported for dangerous driving, I didn't get any paperwork or sign anything this is what I don't get?

I'd say ban for at least 6 months and the fine system has just changed, as in it goes on your salary now not a fixed fine. Aynbody doing over a ton is banned, footballer, politician or priest. Never heard so much "shite" in my life as cops not following it up or people handing themselves in. Best of luck with it though yeah!

Yeah I know haha luckily I only work 30hrs a week so that's always a bonus lol. Thankyou

Yeah it was traffic police as far as I'm aware they were in an undercover bm haha yeah they got me on video for 2 miles average 130 but it was also downhill not that it will make any difference. No I didn't have to sign anything this is what I'm confused about I admitted it in the car because I couldn't deny it and when they asked me what engine was in it they didn't believe me lol.

For the police to follow you for that amount of time and miles at those speeds is surely lack of duty of care towards other road users I know you were in the wrong but so was he. If you caused a RTA say another half mile up the road it was his responsibility to act straight away and stop you way before you reached that high. If it goes to court just call him out joy riding he was doing the same thing you's were just use his evidence against him ha you can only wait it out I guess. We have all done stupid shit like you say

I keep thining about a gang of Preists doing over 100mph in a hurst car the whole irony of throwing the nail strip is just hilarious not to mention the box in method nobody overtakes a hurst it's bible rules.

Hey Abii,

I used to work in the police force, I know it does take some time to process everything through...... You'd be surprised how many people have to be processed with these speeding offences. By the sounds of it and what you've explained I'd imagine they will be getting something to you at some point. It's a bit of a tough / shitty one. It sounds like you were unfortunately at the wrong place at the wrong time. Regarding legal advise... I really wouldn't bother... If they have you clocked doing 130 for 2 miles on video, trying to do anything other than pleading guilty would just screw you up even more.

However... See how far it goes first... But it's looking grim if I'm brutally honest. The whole speed awareness bollocks only plays into account if you're doing a certain percentage over the limit. However in those circumstances at those speeds it's game over.... Also depending on what you said / agreed to in the car with them, they probably had body cams on, or a camera recording you as well.

Good luck with it all dude!