Cleaning inside the fuel tank ??

So, just done a refurb on a good 2nd hand tank, outside is like new, stripped to metal, red leaded, stonechip etc.looked inside and it's full of crappy rusty crap, anyone know the best way to clean it ?? Been looking online and see folk say vinegar

Cheers

Raided Asda earlier for 5L worth of the finest cheapo bottles lol, plan is to fire that in combined with some 6MM gravel from work and shake life out of it i can get my arm in a fair bit so will get the scrub brush in too

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update this,

The vinegar soak worked ok but still needed scrubbing off, I then got some acid that they use to clean the inside of concrete mixers with, real nasty stuff smokes when you open the bottle and the fumes would choke you wild handy, about 200ml put in then half filled the tank with water mixed in, sealed up and shook about well, next day opened it up and where the mix was the tank was like brand new inside, so I then fired a litre in and filled it to the neck while swishing it about, 2 days later tank is like brand new inside :)

Gave it a good rinse out with the hose and then petrol straight after then fitted it :)