Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

JAE Stand Ideas - What do you want?

29 posts in this topic

Having been a part of UKSO at JAE for 4 years running now, I think it's time we spiced things up a bit. Having had a small conversation with fellow members we're feeling like we need to re-vamp the stand a little. What do you want to see from the stand next year? Just throw any ideas of what you'd like to see? If you've not been before - what would you LIKE to see if you were to join us?

So far - we've highlighted the fact as the venue isn't well lit that we should have some form of lighting formation happening on the stand.

Another suggestion was a Starlet with a chalkboard bonnet for everyone to vandalise or whole car if it's cheap enough!!!

More games to play within the stand (this happened this year with a few flying things!)

These are just a few highlighted in a recent conversation...

Post away - been informed admin will listen so don't be shy.

Peace and Love,

JoJo

Be nice to see what people have to say.

With regards to lighting, we do have several lights that hook on inside the marquee, they just weren't all used this time round.

Beer pong tournament got a lot of small groups of people together and also took some people out of their comfort zone to play and in my opinion, had a positive effect! Thanks to those that took part and also those that watched!

Matt.

Stand lighting would be good although it could be very hard or expensive to get some kind of flood lights.

As ever the nerf guns made an appearance and would be good to possibly have a nerf war again 🙈

Beer pong is good.......cards against humanity could also be a good shout if it's played in teams 👍🏻

Besides that the community spirit is strong and needs to be kept alive.

I'd like to see the venue reduce the cost of 240v hook up, felt like we were banned from using a generator to force us to pay for the hook up, which was obviously not worth what they are asking. with power it opens more possibilities in general, but obviously not essential.

Even just some cheap crap garden solar lights would help around the stand (just easy to be stolen by other clubs...)

the club as a whole has never really got too involved with the IKO comps, while I've been going at least, but i think we can get more involved with our own competitions like the beer pong.

we could always have a competition to see if anyone can slut drop better than Hou...

Beer pong is good.......cards against humanity could also be a good shout if it's played in teams

CaH is a bloody brilliant idea!

More lighting, get more people involved with the IKO comps or even come + support the ones doing it, get cars sorted instead of been all over with the non starlets been parked next to starlets etc need to do that a bit better, support each other more all I can think of

This is always an interesting thread to see what you guys think. We always try to look at what it financially and logistically possible.

Lighting has already been Raised with the organisers as needing improvement over the whole site so it will be interesting to see what comes from that. Unlike recent jae's there is no grandfather rights so we might not get the same plot.

If we wanted to have lighting on the stand we would need to look at an electrical hook up. The cheapest electrical hook up was £180 this would raise the stand passes by £5 per pass.

Just to put in to perspective the club makes a loss on the jae stand every year. This year the stand cost in the region of £500

Given the £6 stand passes be recouped around £200 meaning jae cost the club around £300 so if your we're trying to re-coup all the costs stand passes would need to put stand pass prices up to something like £15

What's people thoughts on food? Do we scrap the idea and go back to doing your own food every night? Or do People value the food we put on? It's only a small token

Looking forward to more thoughts from

You guys.

Edited by rob_bower

I like the idea of food and tbh i would pay extra to have it, youre going to pay £5-6 a burger at one of the stalls.

Even if you offered 2 passes, a cheap one just to support/pay for the gear etc and a more expensive one to cover food then have rip off tokens on the stand passes for food.

Would also give you a better idea on how much food to buy/prepare.

I love the food. I think it's a good time that brings everyone together at some point of the weekend and it always goes down well and we are all appreciative of the food!

I also like the food. I think it gives a real club family feel for everyone to eat together

I think the cost could be raised slightly, but i wouldn't want to alienate people and feel that we are pricing them out of attending, the actual JAE tickets are already expensive enough.

I think an electric hookup is a good idea, but have also seen lots of reports of this being unreliable, and I wouldnt want to pay that much for unreliable hookup

I saw a few gennys being used about the place and im pretty sure they werent diesels either.

Maybe work on the layout for food too it was in a fairly narrow spot this year so got crowded quickly.

Hi all,

Really interesting seeing all the posts here. I for one would be more than happy to donate a little more money each year to JAE for the club. Rob / Nick is this something thats possible? Like throughout the year could you put a new button on the forums for a JAE donation each year? Obviously you still have the one off stand pass price but then you give the members and option to donate more if they like? I'd certainly be up for it... And obviously it would only be voluntary.

The beer pong is great fun and I did enjoy it, I get what you mean about lighting and getting the stand a little more rejuvenated, I did suggest in the facebook post that maybe we try and merge the groups of people together, for instance on a few nights you have 4 large groups in the stand kind of do their own thing, have their own fires / circles, where if we all gathered in the Gazebo that could be better?

I actually had brilliant fun the last night with some of you, where we all gathered in the gazebo and chilled, drinking and having a laugh with some songs. We ended up singing along and having a laugh with one another.

The nerf war sounds brilliant.. I actually had another idea... Instead of nerf guns.. what about a water fight? Water Balloons and water pistols etc... I was only thinking water fight because not everyone wants to get hit in the face with a powerful nerf gun... I can foresee something bad happening hahaha... Where lets be honest... You just have to NOT where a white top in a water fight ;)

The food is great, because it brings people together in my opinion and we can all get together and have a good laugh.

And again.. Fancy dress competition... Maybe a fun quirky award for best costume? Not a trophy or anything... Maybe some other wacky idea.

Drinking contest? That could get messy...

Tbh... There's loads of things that could be done :) I love JAE and love meeting up with you all, so whatever I can do to help, just ask and I'll do my best :D

Andy you mean mandatory white top I the water fight. We can do a club cosplay competition if that's what people want.

All ideas are welcome as always.

Cheers nick :)

Some interesting ideas put forward.

Glad to hear the food goes down well. We it was mainly all down to hou and matt this year I did very little, chasing my 2 little Ines takes up slot of my time. Going to try and change it up a bit next year. Maybe a curry night or something but we'll see how that pans out.

We've tried to grow the stand year on year and I think we've done really well over the years. We're

In a lot better position than a lot of other big clubs.

We're on the limit of the van size we have now and that's the biggest outlay of the weekend. The van cost us about half of the total outlay of the stand so we're looking at alternative options to a van. But that will also restrict taking much more equipment.

Edited by rob_bower

A trailer would be a good shout and maybe cheaper than hiring a van. Id like to convert my old ae111 trueno shell into a bbq but not sure that will happen but if it did would save on having to lug around a bbq

A trailer would be a good shout and maybe cheaper than hiring a van. Id like to convert my old ae111 trueno shell into a bbq but not sure that will happen but if it did would save on having to lug around a bbq

The trouble with a trailer comes the place to keep is the rest of the year

Hire the trailer, it will be cheaper than a van surely?

And maybe relying more on memebers to bring stuff. Paul had his fire pit, others could maybe bring a few bits to spread the burden.

Swing ball tournament!! :)

Every mis-hit is a point

The one with most points at the end of the game looses.

They are very cheap to buy so having multiple swing balls would make the tournament fast paced and more entertaining.

Just an idea

Matt

Every mis-hit is a point

They are very cheap to buy so having multiple swing balls would make the tournament fast paced and more entertaining.

Just an idea

Matt

Gets a Point or has to drink as a substitute. Start with a full drink, First to 5 points or an empty drink looses lol

Gets a Point or has to drink as a substitute. Start with a full drink, First to 5 points or an empty drink looses lol

That is even better

Every mis-hit is a point

Just an idea

Matt