Fog lights for daytime running lights

Functional piggybacking, such as operating the headlamps or front turn signals or fog lamps as DRLs, is not permitted; the EU Directive requires functionally specific daytime running lamps compliant with ECE Regulation 87 and mounted to the vehicle in accord with ECE Regulation 48.

• 2 months later...
On 9/8/2017, 11:53:04, daniel_g said:

Have you not seen every Impreza ever just cutting about with front fogs on? It must be cool or something.

I'm noticing almost everyone has their foglights on it's become the in thing 

Can confirm this,

gotta say, once it even started to get dark i drove almost everywhere in my scoob with its giant fogs on. can confirm you get a letter in the glovebox of every subaru explaining that you are exempt from that fine as it is indeed cool to drive round with subaru fogs on. got pulled over and told of for it in the gt, never in the wrx.

1 hour ago, Gainzy said:

That's exactly what my mate said to the police. No excuse lol

I got pulled over after forgetting one day police man popped his head in my window after telling me my fogs were on in not such a nice way explained I have no warning for front fogs he apologised and sent me on my way. That was a traffic  traffic  policeofficer aswell.

Cheers nick :)