I have a 97 Starlet Sportif 1.3i but I do not have a rev counter in my cluster. It just has Fuel, Temperature and the Speedometer faces.

I have also recently bought a cluster from a Paseo which has a rev counter on it but I do not have a tacho wire in my car. How do I fit the tacho wire into my car before I install the clocks?

My engine is 4EFE.

I don't think you'll need to add a wire. Look in the guide in the tutorials section, there should be some help there.

Ive been reading this guide: http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/8006-how-2-fit-paseo-clocks-into-a-starlet/?hl=%2Bpaseo+%2Bclock.

This guy has a brown tacho wire. I don't have one in mine so i am not sure if following this tutorial will produce the same result for myself.

• 2 months later...

its like pin 21 out the ecu but check a pinout diagram, green wire, will be Labeled as NE, part of the iia (integrated ignition circuit). Theres a coil under the bonnet somewhere so you could go off that but the ecu is just behind the glovebox in ep91.

I don't know about the other cluster but to do a normal tach its a switched live (like from the stereo for example), a ground, and the wire to the coil or rpm pulse. Then a live for the light (like off the back of the stock cluster) and another ground for that. and thats in most cars with any kind of distributor.  

hope that helps