Strut changin help!!!!!

Hi guys

I've changed my rear shocks on my glanza v and there was a really bad knocking somive taken them off and I'm wondering which way around do I fit this part? I've added pictures which one is correct? Would it being the wrong way around cause a knocking? Thanks guys

post-14897-0-15009900-1505655797.jpg

post-14897-0-51114500-1505655839.jpg

post-14897-0-15009900-1505655797.jpg

post-14897-0-51114500-1505655839.jpg

You drilled the mounts out ??? Looks correct to me mate washer on top then but is it strut or diy coil if coil show picture you might build up wrong

Nah man I didn't drill anything out. Just undid the bolts. Can't speak for the guy who had it before me mind. They're struts mate. That washer on top moves freely even when the top nuts are done up as mich at they'll go. They weren't moving before I changed them so I dunno if I've done something wrong

Youve way too much thread sticking out the top of that shock from what I've seen. Have a look here might have a similar issue to whats said near the bottomhttp://austarletclub.com/index.php?/topic/17287-rear-shockie-top-m

Awesome thanks mate. As this is the second time I've fitted these this weekend the first time I had the top bolts much looser but still had the same problem so tightened them thinking that might be the issue but I'll slacken them off. Maybe I have a different issue altogether if there's a knocking either way? Only thing I can think is that I've done something wrong along the way? Cheers mate

My understanding is There should be be a shoulder on the shaft of the shock that should sit against the bottom washer on the top mount. Yours has punched through the washers and now isnt doing its job, Hence the nut isnt clamping the washers and top mount together

So is this down to something I've done? Have I over tightens something and most important can this be fixed or would I need a new set of struts? The first time i didn't tighten anything to much I put it back the same as the old ones. Thanks for your help mate