Lowest most comfortable suspension setup for road use

Hi all, I'm looking for advice on the lowest and most comfortable setup up for use on my ep91 turbo.

Currently I'm running cusco coilovers, which I have set to about an inch gap between the tyre and the arch all round. Which is the height I want, Only problem is, it is horrible to drive, stiff doesn't even describe it!

I also have a set of TRD adjustable dampers and TRD springs (KYB's). I haven't tested them on the car yet.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Am I better off with the right damper and spring setup, or would people recommend different coilovers.

I don't bring it to the track.

Matt

Cusco are not suited for UK roads, its said a lot on here but Meisters are about the best coilovers for road use.

I would whip the cuscos off and sell them on before you burst them on the roads, fit your shock and spring setup for now, mess about with them to get a ride height and stiffness you like.

If that fails then Meisters.

Cusco are not suited for UK roads, its said a lot on here but Meisters are about the best coilovers for road use.

I would whip the cuscos off and sell them on before you burst them on the roads, fit your shock and spring setup for now, mess about with them to get a ride height and stiffness you like.

If that fails then Meisters.

Hi Daniel, thanks for that, forgot to say I'm in Ireland, pretty much same roads though.

Might check the cusco's tomorrow to see have I burst them already!

Think I will fit the dampers and see how I go, thanks again!

Hi all, I'm looking for advice on the lowest and most comfortable setup up for use on my ep91 turbo.

Currently I'm running cusco coilovers, which I have set to about an inch gap between the tyre and the arch all round. Which is the height I want, Only problem is, it is horrible to drive, stiff doesn't even describe it!

I also have a set of TRD adjustable dampers and TRD springs (KYB's). I haven't tested them on the car yet.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Am I better off with the right damper and spring setup, or would people recommend different coilovers.

I don't bring it to the track.

Matt

Firstly what size wheels? 15s with 195 50 15 comfy ride with good set up, 16s then 17s turns to dukes of hazzard lolz.

Av had tried various setups , hks and teins springs with kyb shock absorbers work good.

At the moment running meister coilovers on both starbos higly recommended , soft setting works perfect for daily commuting thru local roads.

Matt, long time bud, hope all is well with you.

I've fitted Miester coilovers to mine and I gotta say, the hype is real. I've sat in a few cars with different coilover set ups, but Miester's are noticeably the best for daily road use.

I've set mine to approx 1 - 3/4 inch gap above the wheels and it's perfect. Not too hard and not too soft, great road feedback, very responsive under acceleration around bends and you don't need to slow down to 2mph for every single speed bump!

For track use, you may want something stiffer, but for everyday road use, Miester's are probably the best on market.

Edited by Shyam

Hi all, thanks for the feedback! I have a much better idea now!

I'm currently running 14" weds (185, 60 R14 Uniroyals), have the option of 15" rotas. Prefer 14" though.

Hey Shyam, did you buy your Meister's new or used?

46 minutes ago, matt1986 said:

Hi all, thanks for the feedback! I have a much better idea now!

I'm currently running 14" weds (185, 60 R14 Uniroyals), have the option of 15" rotas. Prefer 14" though.

Hey Shyam, did you buy your Meister's new or used?

Used with less than 500 km on them bud. They were literally like brand new tbh mate, no rust at all, and all adjustments were freely moving. I had to wait ages for the right set in decent condition to come up, but the wait was worth it!

Miester offer 0% interest finance on them which you might prefer pal. I was very close to getting them on finance myself but then the right set came up for sale so I wasted no time.

FYI, i'm using 15 inch Enkei RS lightweight split alloys with 195 R15 Uniroyal tires. The extra width on wheels helps plant the car on road so much better and the extra diameter gives more torque. (y)

Edited by Shyam
On 4/10/2017, 11:02:14, Shyam said:

Used with less than 500 km on them bud. They were literally like brand new tbh mate, no rust at all, and all adjustments were freely moving. I had to wait ages for the right set in decent condition to come up, but the wait was worth it!

Miester offer 0% interest finance on them which you might prefer pal. I was very close to getting them on finance myself but then the right set came up for sale so I wasted no time.

FYI, i'm using 15 inch Enkei RS lightweight split alloys with 195 R15 Uniroyal tires. The extra width on wheels helps plant the car on road so much better and the extra diameter gives more torque. (y)

Thanks Shyam! Just in the process of putting in the TRD dampers, I can already see the height difference which I'm not liking! Extra inch or so..

Will have them fully fitted tomorrow, it's looking like meister's are for me though.

Can actually articulate now what I meant by the title of this post, I'm looking for the 'sweet spot' between lowered, handling and comfort, by the sounds of it meister's will do the job for me.