Anyone tried any other calipers (IE Clio 197 Brembo) before?

I only ask as I come from the Renault scene prior to me getting a Glanza. Many people fit the Brembo calipers from the Clio 197/200 onto the 172/182, and can be fitted behind 15" wheels. I happen to have both a set of calipers, and a set of the wheels in the photo. I'm taking my wheels off this weekend, so I'll have an offer up, and see how things look. These calipers can be had for as little as £100 a pair, so might be a nice alternative to other options.

Image result for clio 197 brembo calipers on clio 172

I'll have a measure up at the weekend and see what it'll take. I'll also offer up some 172 calipers and see how they look, the Clio runs 280mm discs so might work. The centre bore is slightly larger on the Clio disc, so I can offer one up as a trial fit.

The biggest issue we have is the shallow height of the disc bell. Astra 280mm discs fit with a spigot ring so would be a good option. so Assuming the calipers are a 2 piece caliper and mount you will be able to have a new mount made to fit starlet hubs with them calipers and a disc of your choice. 

2 hours ago, morgey said:

The biggest issue we have is the shallow height of the disc bell. Astra 280mm discs fit with a spigot ring so would be a good option. so Assuming the calipers are a 2 piece caliper and mount you will be able to have a new mount made to fit starlet hubs with them calipers and a disc of your choice. 

I can get spigot rings in the correct size, 60.1mm for the Clio. The 172 calipers are 2 piece, the Brembo are a single piece 4 pot. Once I’ve measured up and they look like they’ll fit, I’ll speak to the maker of the Clio adapters.